Dr. Joseph La Mancusa MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 3 reviews

March 12th, 2016
Not recommended
Dr Lamancusa called me at work to tell me I had MS. That is not the kind of news that someone needs to hear that way. When I went in for the appt after the diagnosis I brought my boyfriend of 6 months with me. He told us not to ever get married because it would be bad for my boyfriend's finances. That was not the kind of advice I needed at that time. I have not been to him since. He is very loud and really thinks he is almighty and you can not find a better dr. You can!

June 2nd, 2013
Dr. Lamancusa's staff is very rude. They never smile. I was four minutes late for my last appointment and she was incredibly rude to me. They are never nice during phone calls or in person. They do not call to remind on appointments that have been set up six months in advance then blow you off. As for the doctor, he is incredibly loud. This is not the best thing for a person like me who has chronic, painful migraines and sound sensitivity. He never looks you in the eyes and dies not give you much time. I was diagnosed with having two pituitary tumors two years ago. He was very blasé about my tumors and kind of blew them off which I did not understand. We were to monitor them every year for their growth. I just had an appointment and he asked me if I had seen a neuro surgeon yet though he should have known as he would have referred me. At this point he ordered another MRI which is a year late. I do not like how casual he is in working with his patients. This could potentially be serious but he blew it off. I will be looking for a new doctor who will treat me with respect and kindness as a concerned patient. I would not recommend this doctor.

May 17th, 2013
Daughter of patient
My parents had an appointment that was very unsatisfactory regarding my father's dementia. He had no patience with my parents and treated them as an imposition and even admitted that he was angry at them for missing an appointment in November. He was very snippy and talked down to them. His attitude caused much emotional distress for my parents and they will never go back to him.