Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
303 E Army Trail Rd
Ste 203
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
630-307-2600
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  the best  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr joe is the best!Walk in and feel like one of the family with dr joe and his staff.. Takes the time to explain everything and does not rush out.Thats why the wait time is a little longer because he cares about his patients.#1 in my book.I changed my hmo to a ppo just to go back with him. even if the plan cost me more.He is worth every dollar

|  the bestthe best  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

I never had a doctor that spent so much time with me answering all my questions.The man works 24/7 and still finds time to sit and talk with you and storm out of the room ..He is the best!

|  show details
Dec 22nd, 2010

this guy is a rat. For 1 1/2 yrs he treated me w/acid reflux drugs for a NAUSEA problem that was most likley a virus from a trip to Jamaica. REFLUX DRUGS CAUSE INTESTINAL CRAMPING. The nausea stopped immediately..the intestinal cramping started & lasted 'til they took me off the drugs. They guessed & took out my gallbladder and they took me off the reflux drugs for about a week. I felt fine until they put me on them again. My gall bladder looked to be in fine shape. Finally he OVERDOSED ME W/2.5MG XANAX DAILY! I COUDN'T STAY AWAKE TO SHOWER OR EAT! I was led to believe it was depression. Had I known the side affects of these drugs I would've sued him then! I thought he must be good 'cause he worked on Walter Peyton. My bother-in-law said, "WALTER PEYTON DIED!" He blathers on & on but apparently is just a charlatan.

|  Unprofessional!  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2010

I was very disappointed in Dr.Lagattuta's unprofessional behavior. I am an elderly woman. I questioned Dr. Lagattuta about why I was taking a statin (Zocor - simvastatin) drug when nearly 900 studies show dangerous side effects and that there are no statin trials with even the slightest hint of a mortality benefit in women. Also, evidence in patients over 70 years old shows no mortality benefit of statin therapy. Dr.Lagatutta refused to provide me with evidence of why I should take this drug and stormed out of the exam room without even examining me.

|  show details
by marijo cinquegrani on Dec 18th, 2008

very professional & courteous staff, love that there is only 1 dr in the practice. Very personal care & atmosphere. Plenty of time spent during visit. Overall very happy with care.

|  Discharge papers said Dr would contact me with results....never did  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2008

Scheduling an appointment and waiting time was great. The procedure was painless, the prepping was horrible. I paged him and he called me back within 15 minutes. I told him that I may be having an allergic reaction to the Colyte he had prescribed me. I was vomiting dark red and yellow substances, dizzy, weak and I could not talk properly. (I only drank clear liquids all day) His reply was "how much did you drink"? I said "about 75%" He said I should be good for the procedure then...that was it. The procedure went well, and when I received my discharge papers it stated that the Doctor would contact me within a few days with the finding. One week later and I have not heard a peep out of anyone. I called the office and they said 7 - 10 days before I get my results. I called today and they said its in the mail. I am not happy! In constant pain in my right side, have 2 children and cannot spend the time I want to since I am in pain...a lot.