Dr. Joseph Leithold MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

March 17th, 2017
It's a little strange in there
Does not like men,,loves the women...young ghetto "nurses" IN the office,totally professional..LoL......he likes to hear himself talk,and doesn't really believe what you say....and known for saying " I just don't think I'm the doctor for you".

July 26th, 2016
constant staff turn over the staff forgot to perform a test requested by dr. joe, and i and my insurance was changed for it

May 13th, 2016
Run as fast as you can from this so called DR

March 29th, 2016
Always seemed to have no real concern for my issues he was very belittling. When I had a sexual issue I finally got the nerve to talk to him, without doing any exam or asking any questions he told me it was all mental. But wanted to know if my husband had any problem with it. Made me feel so very embarrassed for even coming in.

January 26th, 2016
he is a very helpful and caring Doctor who is always happy to tend to my children and I.

December 28th, 2015
Rude, promotes violating HIPAA privacy laws!!
My wife scheduled my appointment to address a couple of issues I've been having. One of the issues I am only comfortable discussing with the doctor so my wife explained to the secretary that there are a few other things I wanted to discuss at the time of the actual appointment. I met with Dr. Joseph S. Leithold. After discussing the documented reason for my visit, being a new patient in his office I wanted to discuss with him directly the more personal issue I was having. He completely shut me down. Told me first that he didn't have time to discuss it, then that because of the issue HE wasn't the doctor for me (even though I already researched his specialties). Dr. Leithold was visibly frustrated and blatantly rude and disrespectful to me. He said that I was not "forthcoming" when scheduling the appointment with his secretary. I explained that the issue that I'm having is extremely personal and something I am only comfortable discussing with my doctor. He rolled his eyes (quite a bit) when I tried to justify the need for a patient/Doctor privacy based relationship. He said, "you're a 33 year old man who is just not forthcoming." As my frustration peaked with his blatant disregard for a patient in need, I asked if he could perhaps refer me to a different doctor who would be willing to discuss and treat someone with my condition. He refused. I have never been so disrespected by a medical professional in my life. I felt completely discouraged and disheartened leaving his office, not to mention embarrassed. He basically treated me like I was a liar and was wasting his time. I've struggled a lot internally about seeking help for my condition, and it took a lot for me to step out of my comfort zone and open up to a doctor regarding treatment...my experience this morning was literally the worst case scenario for me. I hope this review finds someone who is searching for a quality/caring medical provider who is at a MINIMUM willing to listen to you. If that's the case for you, go somewhere else. Lastly, when Dr. Joseph S. Leithold was in short calling me a liar for not disclosing EVERY reason I was coming to see him to his secretary- I asked him if he has ever had a patient that had a condition they were only comfortable discussing with their doctor?? To which he replied, "nope, you're the first." I had to sit in the parking lot for a little while before leaving because I was shaking so bad. Absolutely no excuse for a medical professional to disrespect a new patient. I see why there was immediate availability. He even refused to refer me to another doctor or facility which is what is baffling me still! HIPAA Laws are in place to protect patient privacy. By penalizing my visit for not disclosing all my medical concerns to his staff I feel this office has violated the law. Dr. Joseph S. Leithold would prefer these laws are violated to ensure a fast patient turn around.

December 16th, 2015
Their MA's and staff are amazing!

September 30th, 2015
Every time I call to schedule they literally never have an appointment open. They won't schedule for the next day either. They say call back tomorrow. When you have a sick kid that really isn't a risk you want to take

August 17th, 2015
Terrible Dr
terrible Dr... wait 45 minutes and if you don't like it leave.. to touchy feely with the females and if you don't like it don't come back.. Accident waiting to get caught...

August 12th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Leithold's for several years and I have never had a bad experience with him. He has always made me feel that my care was a priority. I have seen his office go through changes with staff and such, like all businesses go through but he always manages to hire staff that are friendly, kind and caring. Dr. Leithold has a very nice bedside manner and I would highly recommend him to anyone. It's a shame that most people will only post complaints and not the good. And those that post the complaints are ones that just didn't get their way and are mad.

August 10th, 2015
Does NOT CARE about the patient
I waited in the room for 45 minutes for him to get there and when he did I made a comment that 45 minutes was a little excess and he said will this will be your last appt. I won't see you anymore. I had called as soon as they opened up just wanting to get a referral as I had broke my foot over the weekend and was told I had to come in and see him to get the referral. I asked the receptionist 3 times if she could go ask him as I thought that was silly as I had already been to urgent care and had x-rays etc. and all 3 times she came back and she said HE said I had to come in. When I was there I asked him if he was ever asked that and he relied NO. So the staff lies to you, the service was slow and now his referral was to an orthopedic Dr. who only works one day a week.. SO in turn I will be on a broken foot for over a week because they are incompetent

June 5th, 2014
An Evil & inhuman Doctor!
I have so much to say about this unkind person, but I'll try to make it as short as possible. 1- He, his wife and his staff treat patients in the most rude way one can imagine! 2- Being the first patient early in the morning, I was astonished to see the trash cans of the examining room and the bathroom really full where I even could not fit one paper towel! not to mention the dust, dirt and spots all over the place!It is the dirtiest clinic you can possibly see! 4- He keeps demanding his patients to do unnecessary and expensive tests pretending that the patient might have a very serious illness while the real reason behind his demands is that he gets commission and lots of money from those tests! Take my advice and never join him. All my friends, family and neighbors left him for good!