Dr. Joseph Lellman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Lellman?

April 27th, 2017

pain in feet and legs

if it wasn't for dr, lullman i would have gone crazy with the pain i had in my feet and legs. he fixed me up so wonderful.

November 4th, 2016

This Dr has a huge ego. If he doesn't like your progress after a knee appointment he makes you feel uneasy. He has the worse bedside manner and doesn't explain how things should go. I would not recommend this Dr. Look elsewhere.

October 13th, 2015

Does NOT Like Overweight Patients

I saw this doctor to help me with my right hip. I currently cannot walk on it without my hipping giving out and terrible pain. I currently need crutches to walk. To my exam, I brought some imaging for him to look at that was taken by another doctor that was working with me on my injury from a fall down the stair on my left side. Dr. Lellman did not look at the Catscan I provided like I suggested as it showed much more details of the problems I was having than the xray I also brought. I told him to please look at the scan and he ignored me. He was not friendly or empathetic. I had told him I was due to have a SI joint fusion on my left side from an injury and that doctor had said my right hip was bad and needed to be replaced only he did not do it. Dr. Lellman did a short exam, told me I had bone on bone and a bone spur in my right hip and stated that although I was a candidate for a hip replacement, he would not do it stating that the pain was being caused by my weight. I am overweight, but only by 50 pounds and had just lost 21 pounds. He never asked me if I was working on my weight already, just that being overweight was causing the pain. I know extra weight can wear on the joints, but seeing actual structural issues on the extra and then saying that was unacceptable. I said that is your solution? Yes. He was rude, pompous and definitely prejudiced against overweight people. I told him I cannot stay in this level of pain on crutches and he bluntly stated maybe the doctors in Boston will do it. I had told him I had went to Boston for my left side. I was so upset by his mannerism and comments. If he had to live one day in the severe pain I was in, he would have helped me. I know now why there was no one in his waiting room. A typical orthopedic office is always busy. A good one anyway.

June 21st, 2012

Dr. Lellman's initial diagnoses was proven right on the money when I recieved my mri. His staff is fantastic. I felt 100% confident in his abilities and was very well cared for.

January 20th, 2009

I suffered consequences of poor care

This doctor was offended when I asked that he stop calling me "honey" and instead to refer to me by name. He sighed heavily and seemed disturbed when I refused to sign informed consent forms before I understood why I needed surgery and how it would help. He recommended that I wait 7 days to start physical therapy, when standard of care for the procedure I had is to start PT in 24 hours. As a result, it took 14 months to rehab from a simple arthroscopic surgery for a tear in my medial meniscus. I walked with a cane for almost a year. My physician & physical therapist no longer refer patients to Dr. Lellman.

May 9th, 2017