Dr. Joseph Lepage MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 17th, 2014
Inform to be informed
Dr. LePage is a good doctor, he has great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. I have always received excellent Care from him over the last 6 or 7 years. especially when I've informed him of all the facts and my present symptoms. He has always given careful thought to diagnosing my symptoms and prescribing the correct medications. Dr. lePage's office is located at a patient first urgent care and is often very busy, therefore without an appointment wait times can be as much as an hour or more. With an appointment I have been seen in less than 30 minutes. You can even request his services as a walk-in yet your wait time maybe longer. My advise to anyone who utilizes Dr. lePage as a primary family practice physician is to come prepared with all the information available in order to receive the most expert care. If required he always refers me to a specialist.

February 11th, 2014
Misprescribed medication
Dr Lepage at the General Booth Office in Virginia Beach is a horrible doctor who prescribed medication without getting all the proper information from me. I went there on Saturday night at approximately 930 PM. I was told I had the flu and he prescribed Tamiflu. I asked when I might start feeling relief. He stated 12 to 24 hours. Well today is Tuesday 12:06 AM and I still feel as bad as I did the day I went. So I decided to look up Tamiflu. Tamiflu's web page stated "Tamiflu is a prescription medicine used to treat the flu (influenza) in people 2 weeks of age and older who have had flu symptoms for no more than 2 days". Since my symptoms started Thursday morning which is much more than two days the drug was of no use to me and should never been prescribed. Dr LePage NEVER asked when my symptoms started. Considering it is only useful within two days. I feel that how long I had symptoms should have been the first question asked once I was diagnosed with the flue. He never asked that question. The only question he asked me was if I was allergic to any medication. Had he asked how long I was symptomatic he would have or should have known prescribing this medication would do me no good and was not the proper treatment. In my opinion either he is uneducated in the use of Tamiflu and should be educated or he was just pushing medication to make money for the company. To me this boarders on Malpractice. Prescribing useless medication. I hope the post makes its it to LePage and I get some response. Anyone using this facility should stay as far away from LePage as possible.