A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Maroon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Maroon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Maroon, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 35 areas:
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Meningel Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Injuries
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Cranial Nerve Cancer
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Epidural Cranial Hematoma
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Headache Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Maroon graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Maroon has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Upmc St Margaret
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Maroon accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph C. Maroon practice?
Dr. Joseph Maroon practices Neurological Surgery, Sports Medicine, Medical Oncology, Sports Medicine, and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Coraopolis, PA and Steubenville, OH.
See Pittsburgh Surgeons, Pittsburgh Family Physicians, Pittsburgh Oncologists, and Pittsburgh Sports Medicine Doctors.