A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Maroon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Maroon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Maroon, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 35 areas:
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Meningel Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Injuries
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Cranial Nerve Cancer
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Epidural Cranial Hematoma
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Headache Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Maroon graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Maroon has 19 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Passavant
- Allegheny General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Maroon accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph C. Maroon practice?
Dr. Joseph Maroon practices Neurological Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Coraopolis, PA and Steubenville, OH.
See Pittsburgh Surgeons.