Dr. Joseph Martin Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Martin Jr?

December 2nd, 2014

A Great Physician

Dr. Martin has been my doctor since the late 90's. I feel more than qualified to vouch for his knowledge of medicine, his bedside manner, his accuracy in diagnosis, and his follow-up after visits and treatments as A++. His staff does not concern me: I make appointments without any problems, they respond promptly to any concerns that I have whenever I call, I am called into the treatment room whenever Dr. Martin is ready to give his undivided attention to my medical need; so, what more can I ask for, medically speaking?

April 25th, 2014

Rude Staff

I hate to write this review as I feel that Dr. Martin is a nice, knowledgeable doctor who listens to your concerns, but his staff however, are the most ignorant acting people I've ever seen in a professional setting. They are so impersonal and never smile. They seem frustrated about their work and helping others. The nurse is like a pitbull, rude and unprofessional. I wish Dr. Martin had a more refined staff which would reflect and deliver a more positive atmosphere for his office and practice. People deserve better and they're paying for quality care and services. I don't think Dr. Martin is aware of what's going on. I will not return. I don't feel comfortable there.

January 30th, 2014

Best Internist

Dr. Martin has courteous and knowledgeable staff members who are always willing to assist. Dr. Martin is very well learned in his specialty and offers the best medical followup for his patients

June 24th, 2013

Good doctor. Bad staff

He is a very nice doctor but the staff needs a lot of training. Staff are rude, unreliable, inefficient. Expect to spend 1.5 hour or so as well if you have an appointment.

March 4th, 2013

Dr. Martins staff is rude and unprofessional. They tend to loose paperwork and even patient charts in some cases. The office manager, his wife, does not answer the phone and usually has a mail box that stays full. There have been mant times when trying to contact the office throughout the day that the phone goes unanswered by all of the extensions available. Staff is very short when dealing with patients especially Anthony.

May 21st, 2011

Poor Customer Service/Arrogant Doctor

My family and I were patients of Dr. Martin. His staff is very curt and unprofessional. He is arrogant. My family and I always had to wait 30 minutes or more to see the doctor when arriving for appointments. On one occasion, I waited 45 minutes. I kept checking with the receptionist regarding my appointment because I had taken time off work. Its my experience that the receptionist, as a professional courtesy, will update or check in with the patient if the wait time is extensive. After the 45th minute, I actually voiced my discontentment to the Office Manager in an articulate and professional tone. I whispered to avoid appearing disrespectful and never used a curse word. My approach was overly dignified because I didnt want the message to be lost. I explained to her the wait time was a problem; she didnt apologize. Instead, she attempted to counter me with a reprimand. I further explained to her that I needed to be heard since I had waited patiently and that arguing was not my motive. I went on to express my dissatisfaction because it shows blatant disregard for a patients time; notwithstanding, the office charges me if I show similar disregard by cancelling appointments or not showing at all. Again, I was articulate and professional in verbalizing my point. To my surprise, one week later, Dr. Martin wrote me a letter dismissing me as a client; he enclosed a copy of my medical records. He said that, as a routine, he refuses to see any client who expresses discontentment with his services because of possible lawsuits. He never asked me, personally, about my experience. I would have at least appreciated a conversation to discuss the issue with inconvenient wait times. It has always been my experience that care providers appreciate feedback regarding your overall experience in their office. If he dismisses clients he deems dissident, he forfeits an opportunity to develop and/or address staffing issues. I would hate to have a serious illness and be in a medical partnership with a doctor who practices patient abandonment because he fears a lawsuit. Can any patient receive adequate care if a doctor practices the aforementioned as a general rule? My honest advice is: If you value timeliness and customer service, dont visit Dr. Joseph Martin.

August 2nd, 2017