A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Mattana, MD is board certified in Nephrology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Diabetic Kidney Disease Diabetic Nephropathies, High Blood Pressure Hypertension, and Kidney Disease Glomerulonephritis.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Mattana graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Mattana has 9 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mattana accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 6 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Mattana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph J. Mattana practice?
Dr. Joseph Mattana practices Internal Medicine and Nephrology near Great Neck, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Hyde Park, NY and Queens Village, NY.
See Great Neck Internists and Great Neck Nephrologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Giuseppe Mattana, Dr. Josef Mattana