A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph McElwee:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph McElwee is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. McElwee
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McElwee Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph McElwee, MD is board certified in Family Medicine and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. McElwee graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. McElwee has 6 hospital affiliations:
- AnMedical Health
- AnMedical Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph M McElwee MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 26 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Joseph M. McElwee practice?
- Dr. Joseph McElwee has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph McElwee practices Psychiatry and Family Medicine near Anderson, SC.
See Anderson Psychiatrists and Anderson Family Physicians.