Dr. Joseph Mcnutt Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Mcnutt?

Knee surgeries

Posted on July 28th, 2017

He did both of my knee surgeries. I couldn't have asked for better care.

Posted on January 6th, 2016

Doc is the best! I have had several surgeries to correct cartilage damage, and he and Kim are the nicest, and professional team. I have been going to him almost 6 years now, and he has helped me so much.

Posted on November 2nd, 2015

Great all around experience. Operated on my elbow. Will go back should the need arise.

Highly recommend

Posted on October 7th, 2015

Dr. McNutt and his staff are patient, well-knowledged and thorough in every aspect of their care and treatment. They are extremely willing to accommodate the needs of each patient. I highly recommend this doctor and his practice to anyone needing his expertise.

Posted on August 17th, 2015

Amazing surgeon, that has corrected my cartilage problems!

New Patient Initial Visit

Posted on July 24th, 2014

Dr. McNutt was very friendly and informative. Answered all my questions. Didn't push me out the door not wanting to answer questions. Didn't push me into surgery like I thought he might. Encouraged me not to rush into surgery even though my MRI indicates I will need surgery eventually. Wants me to research what knee replacement entails and for me to make the decision intelligently and to do surgery when I'm fully ready. Said I should consider a 2nd opionion which I have done and the results were the same as his diagnosis. However, that doctor didn't show or cancel the appointment. Had me see his PA who I will say was very impressive, but would not be the person doing the surgery when that time came or be involved in the surgery. Needless to say I wouldn't want to go back to that facility even though I was so impressed with the PA who knew his stuff and answered a lot of questions for me. The negative reviews on this site concern me. I didn't see any of the things people said here at all in Dr. McNut and I am considering him as my surgeon. He did surgery on my friend's leg and she was more than impressed with his care and bed side manner as to how he cared about her and her recovery. I think most people who are unhappy are those who write these reviews unfortunately. I liked him a lot and his staff was extremely friendly to boot!. I plan to go back and schedule my surgery soon. So folks all I have to say is to do some homework before you go so you can talk to him intelligently and know what you need to ask; or at least some of the things to ask. He can't think of everything himself. The man knows what he is doing. Could not grade follow up visits yet. But I will be back to do that later. I'm sure it will be 4 stars. If not, then it won't be and I'll tell you why. Have a good evening,

Satified Patient; Nice doctor

Posted on August 17th, 2013

I had a great experience with Dr. McNutt and his staff. I have read in some of the other reviews that he was condescending?? I did not experience that AT ALL. He was competent, took time to explain my options and answered all my questions with great patience. I was unable to run for 3 months but I am back to running now.

Satisfied Patient

Posted on August 12th, 2013

I went to Dr McNutt with a torn meniscus, he was very honest and let me know my options on surgery or trying physical therapy first. I would go to him again and would refer others to him. He is no-nonsense and will get to the bottom of the matter quickly with no hassle. I will say I did encounter a gentleman who answered the phones who was a bit rude, but beyond that, the staff have been very helpful.

Avoid this doctor

Posted on February 19th, 2013

My internist referred me to him for my bad knee, saying he was "one of the best" here in Frisco and Plano. Dr. McNutt was very condescending and spent so little time with me. He looked at my MRI, but didn't even examine me, saying I didn't have anything wrong. Got a second opinion, and ended up have my torn ACL repaired. Found out later that my internist referred me to him because of an advertisement at Fieldhouse in Frisco. I fired the internist.

Find another, more competent doctor

Posted on October 15th, 2012

Dr. McNutt communicated to me what he wanted me to do upon returning to work, but he did not communicate the same information to my employer. In fact he provide 3 totally inaccurate letters to my employer. When my employer contacted him and gave him 5 days to return their call and explain why there were 3 different letters stating 3 totally different information for my return to work he did not call them back. His failure to respond resulted in my termination. I was off work for 6 months and we almost lost our home over it. I would NEVER use this man again. Oh, and I had to make additional appointments when he would not return my call just to try to correct the situation, which I should not have had to do, and he charged me for those appointments too.

Posted on August 6th, 2012

Wonderful Doctor. Went through Carticel surgery for a bad patella problem. He was my advocate through the pain meds in the hospital, and he really does care about his patients. He is a good listener and Imfeel confident that he will take good care of me when I have surgery for cartilage problems. Matt, his PA is nice,,and my husband and Imknow that he will not let anything happen under his watch.

Not a good experience