Dr. Joseph Mele Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Mele?

May 8th, 2015

He can't wait to get away

Dr Mele is great because he answers emails but in person, you feel like he cannot wait to get away from you. He spends too much time out of the office. He always seems to be on vacation. He did not take my condition seriously and I have been struggling with a medical condition for years.

November 13th, 2013

Our Family Doctor for 13 Years

I first met Dr. Mele when I was critically ill with pancreatitis a young resident told me about his attending and urged me to see him. I have been with him ever since and I have sent my entire family to him. Even when my daughter got her MD and started practice at another hospital I wouldn't budge from New York Pres/Weil Cornell and Dr, Mele. I believe they saved my life. So, here's why he is great: he takes your concerns seriously and is thorough in checking out any possible problem. He was the only doc and there were several who took my daughter seriously resulting in a diagnosis of hashimoto's which had gone undiagnosed for years. He says he refers well which is critical for an internist and he really does. Every specialist he has referred me to has not only been top in their fields but also really suited my personality. AND, you can communicate with him by email which is so much more efficient, fits my life style and lets me get answers without having to wait for a call or bothering him when he is with a patient. Only thing I don't like and it isn't his fault -- the phone system at the Red Practice (Weil Cornell) internal medicine) is awful. The best is getting the line to his secretary/nurse/assistant they are all fabulous.

July 30th, 2013

The rushed doctor that relies on google

Dr. Mele was my PCP for about 2 years, and in those 2 years not once did he come into the room and take the time to talk to me about my health. He comes in rushing like no other (this is especially seen in the waiting room, hes running around like crazy), and gives off this feeling that he clearly just wants to deal with you so you can get out. The guy barely knew about certain medical conditions and relied on GOOGLE for information; you've got to be kidding me! What did he learn in medical school??? I'm sad to say that he is a very very neglectful doctor. I am happy to say though that i switched doctors!

February 2nd, 2011

Dr. Joe has only been my primary care physician for 17years. Seriously, if you ever have an opportunity to get a doctor70% as good in all phases of medicine jump at it and you will have done better than most !

August 11th, 2017