A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Merchant is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merchant
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Merchant Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Merchant, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Merchant has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Boone County Hospital
- Mary Greeley Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph James Merchant MD is a male Internist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph J. Merchant practice?
- Dr. Joseph Merchant has 2 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Merchant practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Ames, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Marshalltown, IA.
See Ames Internists, Ames Hematologists, and Ames Oncologists.