A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Merchant is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Merchant, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloid Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Merchant has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Boone County Hospital
- Mary Greeley Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph James Merchant MD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph J. Merchant practice?
- Dr. Joseph Merchant has 4 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Merchant practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Marshalltown, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Ames, IA.
See Marshalltown Internists, Marshalltown Hematologists, and Marshalltown Oncologists.