A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Merchant, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Merchant has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Boone County Hospital
- Mary Greeley Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merchant accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Medical Plans - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 7 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph J. Merchant practice?
Dr. Joseph Merchant practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Marshalltown, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Ames, IA and Boone, IA.
See Marshalltown Internists, Marshalltown Hematologists, and Marshalltown Oncologists.