Dr. J Merrell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. J Merrell?

You may have to wait, but worth it

Posted on September 21st, 2017

It is not at all uncommon to have to wait past your scheduled time to see Dr. Merrell. You'll find out why once you see him as he spends as much time as it takes to thoroughly listen to your situation and concerns, and then explain his thoughts and procedure equally thoroughly. He takes great pride in his work and wants his patients to have great results and be satisfied. He also honestly cares about his patients and their health and wellbeing and will be honest if he thinks a procedure is not in your best interest. He monitors me for Melanoma with the best program available, and also performed a breast reduction and tummy tuck for me to assist in relieving chronic back pain as recommended by my spine specialist. Dr. Merrell is the BEST!

Posted on June 14th, 2016

He is worth the wait. He just spends the time needed with you. This makes him run behind but you feel that you are his number one priority when you are finally back!

Posted on March 30th, 2016

Awesome Dr. Very knowledgable.

The Very BEST

Posted on March 16th, 2016

A doctor who makes you feel like family!! Outstanding STAFF!

Exceptional

Posted on January 28th, 2016

He is an exceptional Doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. He really cares about his patients and provides only the best first class service. I don't usually think anyone is "excellent at everything" - but this man really is.

Posted on July 13th, 2015

Thanks Dr Merrill. I am grateful and appreciative for what you have done for me.

Mommy makeover

Posted on April 8th, 2015

I'm beyond thrilled with the entire experience. I have my pre-baby body back. Fantastic work.

Barber/stylist

Posted on June 19th, 2014

For starters excellent consultation & explain well, answers all questions takes time with you. I feel he has brought me from a nightmare & back .Literally he saved my life. I had 2 types of breast cancer, one very rare & he caught it where others didn't. Not to mention early melanoma.Waiting is not a thing with me even though it happens. I travel from Richmond Va. & I value the care I get. What's more important ? I have time but 1 life. He also took the time to follow up with other doctors while in his care& prompt. He also has the best bedside manners I feel and I would recommend him for sure.

Amazing!

Posted on June 18th, 2014

I went to Dr. Merrell for a breast augmentation after having and nursing two children, from my initial consultation I felt very comfortable and at ease with Dr. Merrell and his staff. Dr. Merrell is amazing! I went from barely a "B" ski slope breasts to a full, beautiful and natural looking D cup! He made my breasts completely proportioned to my body and they're beautiful! I highly recommend you see Dr. Merrell if you are considering a breast augmentation, he's very meticulous and thorough. Dr. Merrell and his staff will take great care of you!

Augmentation

Posted on June 6th, 2014

From the very first time I stepped foot into Dr. Merrell's office I knew that I should be there. His staff was friendly and caring and immediately made me feel like a part of their "family." Dr. Merrell was very thorough and took plenty of time to explain everything to me in detail. I felt so comfortable and knew that I wanted him to be my surgeon. I got the most amazing results from Dr. Merrell doing my breast augmentation. I wish I had gone to see him years ago! I will continue to see Dr. Merrell in the future and he is the ONLY physician I will refer my friends and family to.

Dr. Merrell is a bad choice for facial surgery

Posted on April 3rd, 2013

An obvious unprofessional money grubber. Totally indifferent to any concerns you may have. Ridicules if you have a complaint. I doubt he keeps up with the latest technology. I doubt he does anything he doesn't get paid for.

Doctor's Response

We cannot speak to your specific situation because you are hiding behind the "anonymous" name so often taken by those who wish to take cheap shots at medical professionals. Join me on my next Operation Smile Mission - where I pay my own expenses and forego what I could have earned in my practice for many weeks and you will begin to appreciate how far your impressions are from the truth. No hard feelings, take off the mask of anonymity and come see us again - as always there will be no charge for your consultation consultation. PSAT

Mastectomy Breast Reconstruction

Posted on March 3rd, 2013

My search for a plastic surgeon started on the internet. My nightmare began when I learned the difference between “breast reconstruction” and “mastectomy breast reconstruction.” It got worse as I interviewed plastic surgeons. All of the plastic surgeons I met said they couldn’t reconstruct my breasts to their normal size without “rippling” disfigurement using saline or silicone implants, but none of them offered gel implants which would virtually eliminate the risk. They used tattoos to mimic the dark circle around the nipples. That looked like red marker dots painted on Barbie boobs with little lumps on them. None of the doctors did microsurgery and all left conspicuous scars. I was surprised when one of the surgeons said he considered reconstruction consultation as a means to prepare patients for disappointment. I almost gave up. Then I found Dr. Merrell. Meeting him and his staff was comforting beyond measure! Dr. Merrell was very generous with his time answering questions, making sure he understood what I wanted , making sure I understood what to expect and he has a great sense of humor. He uses the new gel implants; also known as gummy implants. He said I wouldn’t have to worry about rippling disfigurement with gel implants. I could have any size I wanted. I will never forget the moment he threw one on the floor, stomped it and said, “These will never burst or leak.” It was a good time for a laugh. I had a good one. His portfolio demonstrated beautiful results, but I wanted to meet one of his patients to his work in person. He arranged a meeting with a former patient with a similar body type as mine. She and I shared our experiences and she unveiled some of the most beautiful breasts I had ever seen! Her scars were nearly invisible. Her nipples and areola looked natural. Everything about her breasts looked and felt natural all the way down to the finest detail. If I didn’t already know she had a mastectomy, I wouldn’t believe it if someone told me. Whenever I have to wait a long time in the waiting room, I am thankful because I know he is taking extra time with someone else who needs it like I did when we first met.