Dr. Joseph Moskal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 28th, 2016
Very professional along with his PA. Very strict on what he wants you to do but you get the results you pay for.

November 21st, 2015
If you are overweight don't waste your time to see him. He will not treat you. Only told me to loose weight.

January 23rd, 2015
Appaling WARNING
Moskal has a large staff headed up by a nurse, who gives a long and mainly inaccurate explanation of post-surgery recovery to incoming patients. The nursing staff that attended me during recovery were simply awful. I never saw an actual doctor when I was compus mentis enough to ask questions. The nasty and incompetent PAs in charge of me loaded me up with pain meds to the point where I could not function at all, and then they discharged me with a catheter still in me. I had to take that catheter out MYSELF. Then, Nurse Franklin refused to continue my physical therapy when the attending PT told here that I needed more. This team is sadistic and incompetent. DO NO GO THERE.

January 22nd, 2015
A successful Knee Replacement
After having trouble with my knee for at least 3 years, I consulted Dr. Moskal in 2013. Since I was 'bone on bone', his recommendation was a total knee replacement, 'When you are ready'. He didn't suggest or push me. Since I had undergone cortisone shots, Euflexa shots, and a 'scope', before seeing him, I had a really lousy 'quality of life' and said I was ready. It took about 3 months to schedule it, and I went to the 'joint class' as required. The surgery went well, but I had a lot of scar tissue that prevented me from gaining the range of motion that I should have had. Had physical therapy after surgery, but couldn't stand the pain during and after PT (even with pain medication). Two months after surgery had a knee maniuplation. Went to PT another month and they said that I really wasn't benefiting from the PT. I then turned to 'water therapy' on my own. Signed up at the Y and went at least 3 times a week. After two months, I got the results that I had expected to have from two months of PT. My recovery and range of motion took about 6 months, much longer than most people. But I can honestly say that if I have to have the other knee done (hope not!), I would go back to Dr. Moskal in a heartbeat! I've heard statements that he doesn't have good 'bedside manners'. I didn't find that to be the case. He gets right to the 'facts' of your case, asks if you have any questions, gives you the time to ask questions and he answers them. He is very busy, and very good at what he does. My first couple visits, the wait was longer than I thought it should have been. My last visit, last month (a year check up) went much quicker.

October 27th, 2014
My first office visit was a disaster. He was called out on an emergency but no one told me. When I finally saw him it was a short visit because he was called back to the hospital. When I tried to make another appointment to schedule my knee replacement I was transferred to his nurse and she said he had refused to treat me unless I reduced my BMI. I weigh 230 lbs and am 5'2" tall. I have no medical problems and am not on any medications. I know several people who are larger than I am and they were not denied knee replacement. Very disappointed that he would not see me. Now I have to find another doctor.

June 2nd, 2013
Love, love my new knee
I had a knee replacement and couldn't be happier with the results. I have no pain and can walk, climb stairs like I did at 30! The class before surgery was very helpful. Rehab and nurses were sent to my home and I received excellent care. I would recommend this doctor and his staff to anyone. I wouldn't take a million bucks for it.