Dr. Joseph Napolitano MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 29th, 2016
caring and talented professional
My father has worn prism glasses for over 30 years for his double vision. Now at age 87, the prism could not correct his vision so we consulted with Dr. Napolitano to surgically correct the muscle weakness. He completed a thorough exam and presented our options for treatment. He has an excellent bedside manner as well as the experience and credentials. Dr. Napolitano considered my father's health issues and modified the procedure to ensure his safety, he personally called the following morning to check on him and my father's double vision was totally corrected by the surgery. As a nurse for over 25 years, I've meet many physicians who are experts in their field but lack the social skills. Dr. Napolitano is an exceptional doctor who takes pride in his work, delivers thorough explanations and respects his patients. He is an A+++ physician.

September 7th, 2016
Great doctor
I brought my son to see many doctors for an unusual eye condition. Dr Napolitano understood right away, ordered the proper tests, and he got the best treatment from him!!! Love love him.

September 4th, 2016
This doctor should retire
If I could rate this doctor without any stars at all, I would. As a mother I knew there was something not right my son's vision, who was 3 at the time. Mr. Napolitano told me that I am only a mother and that he's been doing this for 30 years. He told me there was nothing wrong with my son's eyes physiologically speaking. When my son looked close up at the handheld eye chart, he said that all kids have a natural tendency to do this. When I insisted he give me a referral for further testing, he said he didn't think I needed to put my son through it. I went to get my son's eyes tested and come to find out he has Retinal Cone Dystrophy. He is legally blind. Also, while my son was sitting in his chair, being a typical, yet somewhat subdued 3 year old, this "pediatric ophthalmologist" actually said to him, "Why don't you hold still or I'll shoot you?" Who says this?!?! The medical assistant was there and witness. This man needs to retire for so many reasons. Hopefully others can read this and be forewarned so that there child is not misdiagnosed.

April 20th, 2016
Rude doctor
Do not see this doctor! Extremely insensitive to my son and did not explain anything to me! No bedside manner and will never be returning. Save yourself a trip and go elsewhere.

February 27th, 2014
SO RUDE!!!
I saw the doctor for my daughter. After nearly an hour waiting, he came in the room and saw my daughter for a minute or even less. He did not like to answer my questions. He said "Just trust me I have seen hundreds patients before" so I can't even ask anything? Arrogant and so unprofessional!!

March 1st, 2011
Dr. Napolitano was very skilled and did a great job on my eye problem.

February 24th, 2011
Dr. Nap saved my daughter from being blind
My daughter had a horrible eye problem. Dr Nap operated on her and saved her from being blind. He is awesome, we will always be grateful to him.

November 23rd, 2010
Nasty and Arrogant
Brought my child there. This Dr is rude to say the least. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

October 6th, 2010
This doctor saved my son's eyesight! He is terrific
My son had a severe problem with his eyes. He was only 4. Dr. Napolitano is direct, honest and he told us the facts in an honest way. We liked his way - he seemed so caring.Anyway, he operated on our son and we thought our son would still have some left over problem, but Dr. Napolitano is a really good surgeon and fixed it one hundred percent.

September 27th, 2010
This Eye Surgeon is Fantastic!!
I had a eye problem that was really serious. Dr. Napolitano has a great way of making you feel comfortable and told me exactly what was going on. No guesswork, no phoney stuff. I liked his manner. He did my eye surgery, which took a few weeks to heal. I have no more double vision and feel great!! That's a great doctor!!

July 6th, 2010
Dr. Napolitano is a great kid eye doc
My twins were born with severe eye problems. Dr. Joe Nap was so careful and knew right away what was wrong and how to fix it. He was very caring and made me and my husband feel very comfortable.