Dr. Joseph Novello MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Ashburn, VA

3.4

August 1st, 2016
Dr. Novello may be published and perhaps was energetic in his practice in his youth. However, he now seems to simply rely on medication and assumptions rather than analysis and careful diagnosis. I was appalled that he proscribed my son a heavy dose of antidepressant without spending the time to understand that he is not actually depressed, he was anxious about a situation at school. We skipped the medication and instead spent time listening to him, addressing the problem and improving his diet, exercise and backed off on the over scheduling. He's doing great. Dr. Novello also overprescribed the same medication to my goddaughter. Instead of helping her with stress, he kept increasing the dosage until she was a walking zombie and barely able to do her schoolwork. Now she's weaning off the medication and doing much, much better.

November 8th, 2015
I've been seeing Dr. Novello for about 7 years now. I was never really comfortable with talking to him as I was a teenager and he was an older man. Not being able to talk truthfully and fully to a Doctor is not a positive experience so I've been trying to find another Doctor more in my area. Now I am determined to, though. We recently has troubles with prescriptions and him not calling them in properly or even at all. This led me to have to decrease my medication as I wasn't prescribed all of the mg that I was in need of. We talked multiple times after the prescription was first not called in, but eventually he never called me back at all. I find that incredibly unprofessional and more than just one mistake. Through his lack of responsibility, he increased my anxiety and affected my medication-taking pattern.

April 24th, 2013
Below my expectation
Just waist of time and money, no feed back or proper recommendations. I have to switch after the third visit. I am much better now.

June 8th, 2011
Do not recommend, waste of time and money. I have been to several psychiatrists before and I strongly suggest you do not go to Dr. Novello.

May 2nd, 2011