A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph O'Brien, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Spine Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Brien
Knee Replacement Patient Education Read our knee replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. O'Brien Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. O'Brien has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- George Washington University
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Raymond O'Brien MD and MPH is a male Spine Surgeon, has 10 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine.
- Where does Dr. Joseph R. O'Brien practice?
- Dr. Joseph O'Brien has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph O'Brien practices Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine near Washington, DC.
See Washington Surgeons.