A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Ornato:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Ornato is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ornato
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Ornato, FACC, FACEP, FACP is board certified in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Kidney Failure
- Myocardial Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Unstable Angina
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Ornato graduated from Boston University . He has 2 awards.
Dr. Ornato has 3 hospital affiliations:
- VCU Health System
- Medical College of Virginia Hospital
- VCU Health Center & MCV Hospital and Physicians
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph P Ornato FACC, FACEP, and FACP is a male Emergency Medicine Specialist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Emergency Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Joseph P. Ornato practice?
- Dr. Joseph Ornato has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph Ornato practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Emergency Medicine near Richmond, VA.
See Richmond Internists, Richmond Cardiologists, and Richmond Emergency Physicians.