Dr. Joseph Aiello DO Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

February 20th, 2011
I am military wife and we are constantly moving but I truly hope we dont get orders anytime soon. I have finally found a DR who takes care of all the issues and treats me like family. As soon as you walk in the girls talk to you as if they have known you. I had issues with my back for years and every other DR prescribed me meds. Dr Aiello took care of the issue for me. I honestly must say he is a great dr with a great staff! I highly recommend him to anyone!

February 17th, 2011
If you need a doctor's office you can actually get into when you need to be seen - this is the place. The staff is wonderful and I really feel cared for and about whenever I'm there

February 17th, 2011
Misdiagnosis
Dr. Aiello is a nice man but a poor physician. He misdagnosed my mother-in-law and misread an x-ray. Rather than sending her to a specialist, he prescribed physical therapy which only caused her more pain (she had bone grinding on bone). When shown Dr. Aiello's x-ray, the orthopedic surgeon claimed that the x-ray was not difficult to read and diagnose. The Encompass Group in general was not what I would consider professional nor capable in their medical care nor their clerical work. Dr. Aiello also misdiagnosed a personal friend claiming she had nothing wrong with her lungs until she landed in the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital with a severe bacterial infection.

February 16th, 2011
Stay Away
Doesn't care about you.

July 12th, 2010
I wouldn't recommend this doctor. He misdiagnosed my condition 2 times. He wouldn't send me to an specialist after my 6-7th visit. Even to have your annual pap smear you have to see him first ( according to insurance, you don't have to get a referral from him) I had 2 surgeries, and he never found the problem. He kept saying I don't have to send to the specialist if I can treat you. Most of the time he prescribes the medicine, vitamins, ointments, etc that he sells there. Insurance doesn't cover those, but he still prescribes them. They are expensive! Billing is another story, I always get a bill for co-payment, I pay every time I go it's only five dollars. Overall, I wouldn't recommend him to you.

May 5th, 2010
remained undiagnosed until to late
remained undiagnosed for severe upper arm pain until arm finally atrophede due to severe spinal cord mylopathy. years went by w/ only anti imflamatory meds and cortizon shots that did nothing for pain. also misdiagnosed other conditions.

November 10th, 2009
Great Doc
He and his office were very responsive to my problem and questions I had. He also offers some alternative therapies such as acupuncture and PRP for my bad knee. When I needed a referral for a surgeon (umbilical hernia) he was very sensitive to my needs and his office very responsive to doing all the pre-op examinations and getting the paper work to the surgeon and hospital.Glad to have him as My Doc!

March 26th, 2008
Needs Training!
I recently had a very, very bad experience with Dr. Aiello and his staff. I hope that he will undergo training regarding the proper treatment of depression. On a Friday I called his office to ask that the speed up a prior authorization form that my pharmacy had provided the previous day as my insurance would not cover my Effexor XR until Dr. Aiello completed it. I was completely out of medicine & could not afford the approx. $40/day without insurance. I was coldly told that "pre-auth's" had already been done for the day & would be taken care of on Monday (it was around noon on Friday when I called). I asked what the Dr. recommended I do until Monday, and I was left a message that said to either pay the $40/day or wait until Monday. I took the latter approach and throughout the weekend experienced the worst side effects I had ever had in my life. I did not sleep for over 50 hours, had severe nightsweats, dizziness, panic attacks, thoughts of death and complete helplessness. I thought about going to the emergency room several times but managed to wait until 8 am Monday to call Dr. Aiello to help. I explained my situation and was horrified by their lack of concern and ability to help. While they did get the pre-auth completed, he refused to prescribe me anything for my anxiety or to sleep even though I was told it would take 3 days or so for the Effexor to ramp back up. His nurse clearly didn't know anything about depression drugs because she kept recommending I try the generic (there is none) and recommended I try just Effexor (no XR) because there is really no difference, she said. She asked me to come into the office & I told her I hadn't slept in 50 hours and was seeing things - a 20-minute drive wasn't in the cards. I think it is complete negligence for a Dr. to allow someone to come off of anti-depressants without a warning as to the severity of the side effects. It was especially painful that when I did explain the horrible side effects, A five minute cruise on Webmd and other medical websites make you aware immediately of the severe side effects of withdrawal from this medicine. Plus I wasn't offered anything to help ease the anxiety or allow me to sleep. I will be posting a bad review on every website that mentions Dr. Aiello so that someone else doesn't go through my nightmare and he gets the proper training to treat patients undergoing depression treatment.

October 7th, 2016