Dr. Joseph Metz MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

November 8th, 2016
Amazing Dr.

July 15th, 2016
Dr metz is the rudess dr. He has no heart i would not recommend him to anyone. I am very pleased to hear that he is retiring. thank god no other women have to go thru what my daughter had to with this horrible dr.

December 22nd, 2015
AWFUL!
Dr. Metz is a JOKE!!! I came to this doctor due to insurance purposes, and let me tell you I wouldn't go back to him if my life depended on it. He has the oldest ultrasound equipment there is, and at 20 weeks after drinking 32 oz of water and feeling like I was going to explode he told me he could not tell the sex of my baby because my bladder wasn't full enough. I was rescheduled for the following week, which he then told me he was 80% sure my baby was a girl and to come back in two weeks for another ultrasound. At that visit he quickly told me I was having a girl (I ended up having a baby boy). He told me I should be induced, I didn't know any better, I agreed, I trusted my doctors opinion of what should happen. I was induced on a sunday so that I would have my baby on monday. I was in labor for 16 hours, during that time Dr. Metz nor Dr. Frye could tell me that my baby was not in the right position, it took a nurse to tell me the baby was sideways. Dr. Metz came in at 8pm when I was ready to push, however, my baby was sideways and it was slowing down my pushing. After Dr. Metz finally turned my baby he was very persistant that I was going to have a C-Section, which I made very clear I didn't want. He told me at that point if by 9 pm I didn't have the baby that he was going to have me go in for the C-Section. He then left out of my room. At 8:35 he came back into the room to "catch" the baby as I had him at 8:41pm. He was not helpful, or encouraging at all. He was very pushy with things I did not want. My birth went based on Dr. Metz schedule not on any medical requirements. I would not go to him. I would recommend to NOT go to him to anyone who asks.

October 2nd, 2015
He's awrsome!

November 25th, 2014
THINK THE WORLD OF HIM!
Dr. Metz delivered my invitro daughter and now she goes to him! The first time I met him he gave me some crap and I gave it right back and we have been great all these years(25+)! He does not suffer fools easily. He may seem gruff but think what he has had to see through the years. I held him to task when I had my daughter and would not let him cut the cord till it stopped pulsing. He just grinned and rolled his eyes.... He will tell you straight what is happening and gives so much more when the patient is informed. He gave me great care with my high risk pregnancy and does not sugar coat the risks. As far as the other reviewer saying he didn't walk in till five minutes before, it's not his job to hold your hand. He is there to deliver the baby. He may have just come from a delivery or , as in my case, he was not supposed to be on call but there were a slew of babies born when my daughter was and he was called in unexpectedly. Cut him some slack! He has always been compassionate and caring to me and will always be tops in my book!

October 8th, 2014
Dental Hygienist
I have been seeing Dr. Metz for many years and have always been impressed by him and his entire staff. They always make you feel comfortable.

January 11th, 2014
GREAT DOCTOR
Doctor Metz delivered 2 of my 3 children. His only fault is that he is honest to a fault. I had complicated pregnancies. I miscarried 4 pregnancies. I didn't want a doc who was going to blow smoke up my you know what..I wanted a doctor to keep it real with me. I wanted a second child. My husband and I had tried for 5 years. We had our hearts broken to many times to count. Dr. Metz was great. After seeing him and taking his advice we had a beautiful baby girl that would have been born at 6 months gestation if Genesis emergency room had their way. I love the time he spent with me at each visit. The care he took during my exams(to make me comfortable) he gave me extra ultra sounds despite the insurance's suggestion of only a couple. He didn't let them dictate his care. It has been 11 years since he delivered my last child. I got on here to show my kids who helped bring them into thus world and read some pretty bad reviews from people that shocked me. I thought I better share my experience so that no one misses out on a wonderful doctor.

March 4th, 2013
Dr. Metz is the best! He delivered both my children and made my delivery fun and relaxing!

January 24th, 2013
He screwed up my mother.
My mother had a c-section performed by "dr." Metz and he didn't even tie the right body parts. My mother didn't find out he didn't perform the surgery correctly until after she DELIVERED my brother 2 years later.

August 9th, 2012
Amazing

July 9th, 2012
Worst Dr. Ever!
I went to Dr. Metz last year when I got pregnant (my first pregnancy) at the recommendation of an acquaintance. Also, I had no health insurance and couldn't go my old OB, I felt like I had no choice. My first appt I had an u/s and the sac was empty. He spent no time explaining what was going on and I had to do research on the Internet to diagnose myself. He also gave me no information about what to expect if I began miscarrying naturally, which I had 3 days later...in the ER bathroom. He then told me I didn't need a D&C, even though my step-mom, who is a nurse, proclaimed that it was going to be necesary. At a follow-up appt a week later, he was so uncaring that I began crying, so my step-mom was speaking for me, to which he didn't like and began arguing with her. I had another follow-up u/s and ended up needing a D&C anyway. Upon entering the OR, he gave me a thumbs up and a big smile, as if I should be happy about this. My follow-up appt after my D&C didn't even include an u/s to make sure everything was OK...just a 2-minute visit in his office with him telling me that 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage and it wasn't my fault...which cost me $85. Will NEVER go to him again and most certainly would not recommend him!

March 6th, 2012
This Doctor is NOT A GOOD DOCTOR
I saw this Doctor a few years ago. This doctor is the worse doctor I have ever been too. I would never go to him ever again even if I was dying. I wouldn't send anyone to him. He is rude, mean,he dont care. He didnt even have enough respect to see me in a room it was always in his office. He did No testing, Nothing on me and guess at everything. I have a much better doctor now.