A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Thornton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Thornton is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Thornton, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Surgery Abdominal
Education & Awards
Dr. Thornton graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Thornton has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thornton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Anthem - 6 plans
- Health Plan of Nevada - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan