Dr. Joseph Palermo MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 22nd, 2014
Avoid at all cost!
Not interested in finding a real diagnosis! Very quick to blame parents or even the patient for their condition. My daughter was very ill, diagnosed with an eating disorder, when in fact had a condition that required surgery and a 8 day icu stay.

January 17th, 2014
A fine Doctor
Very quick appointment, quick tests, diligent interest in resolving the problems.

July 2nd, 2010
A Horrible Doctor
How Joseph Palermo still has a medical degree is beyond me. My daughter was admitted to St. Louis Children's Hospital because she was not gaining weight in her infancy. Dr. Palermo kept us there for six days and did almost no testing on her. The one test he did order, it was later revealed that he gave us incorrect results. He spent no time watching us feed our daughter, and quickly diagnosed her problem as fault by the parents. He lectured us on not feeding her (when in reality we were spending numerous hours a day trying to feed her) and then accused my wife of having an eating disorder herself. Since then, we have worked with other knowledgeable doctors whom have diagnosed our daughter with a genetic disorder that makes it difficult to gain weight. Working with Dr. Palermo put us months behind in a diagnosis because of his refusal to address the concerns that my wife and I shared with him. As far as he was concerned, he knew best and no testing was needed, even when other doctors suggested otherwise. This is a doctor whose ego clearly gets in the way of patient care. There are many other great doctors at St. Louis Children's Hospital, and I would recommend a number of them, but Dr. Palermo should be avoided at all costs.

December 5th, 2015