Dr. Joseph Parker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 12th, 2015
I had the absolute worst experience with Dr. Parker. I was referred to him for a lot of pain I was having. It took 2 weeks for me to get into see him. When he came in the room, he did not check me or ask questions, he just said he could not diagnose me without an EGD procedure...fair enough, but I would have liked a bit more care in the meantime. I had to wait 3 weeks for the procedure, still in pain, mind you. The procedure was $1500, WITH insurance...I had a nurse who kept picking food out of her teeth while putting my IV in. Dr. Parker did not come in and say a word to me before, during, or after the procedure. The following Monday, I called to ask for my results. They came back negative for everything, so I asked what my next steps were. The nurse was extremely rude and told me they had sent me a letter with the results but that they basically said to go back and get a chest x-ray from my original doctor. If they had read my charts or listened to me, they would have known that I had that done first, and that is WHY I was referred to him in the first place. Regardless, I said thank you, and asked for the doctor to call me to discuss when he had time. On Tuesday, I still hadn't heard back, so I called again and got an answering machine. I left a message, and when they called back, they left me a rude voicemail saying "We already told you what our view was, and you should get a chest x ray". That is also against HIPAA law, by the way, to leave that info on an answering machine. My mother had left a message for them as well, just trying to get more information, as she lives out of state and couldn't be there. She is listed on all my medical forms, and is allowed to receive information about my medical treatments.I also called back and asked if i could speak to the doctor, to discuss any other suggestions he might have, as I was still in a lot of pain. The nurse said, "We don't call people's mothers, and I've already told you what to do."...like I was some sort of idiot child. I don't care how many times you've told me something, I have yet to speak to the doctor, before, during, OR after the procedure, and not only is that rude, but the way I was spoken to was extremely unprofessional and hurtful. This is regarding someone's health and well-being and patients should not be treated that way. She then told me that she would "Let him know we spoke" and promptly hung up on me. I have yet to have a call back, my mother has yet to receive anything, I have not gotten the "letter" they mailed, and I am still in pain with no clue where to turn next. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone, and the care I received through Dr. Parker, his nurses, and the nurses at St. Thomas West is a disgrace, and they should be ashamed. They are supposed to be caretakers, and they've made this process awful for me.

March 26th, 2015
Excellent quality practice, with very friendly and professional reception staff.

December 20th, 2014
Great doctor.

March 13th, 2013
Awesome!
He did everything right. Have seen him 3 times for my colonoscopies and spoken to his staff on several occasions. Always a pleasant experience. He has a great bedside manner (very friendly and personable). Staff is always friendly, courteous, & professional. My husband went there also. Definitely recommended!