A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Piatt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Piatt, FAAP, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Spinal Cord Cyst (Syringomyelia)
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Dysraphism
- Spinal Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Piatt graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Piatt has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Piatt accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 10 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph Piatt practice?
Dr. Joseph Piatt practices Neurological Surgery near Wilmington, DE.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Portland, OR.
See Wilmington Surgeons.