Dr. Joseph Pierson III MD Patient Reviews

3.0

February 14th, 2016
A very busy clinic but worth the wait. Everyone seems to like Dr. Piersons clinic it's a fiendly environment and they care. I have a managed care HMO plan that doesnt want to pay for anything . I know they make it tough on Doctors with a lot of paper eork , phone calls and computer work. The referal process is very long, frustrating and tedious but Dr. Piersons staff stuck with it until I saw the Specialist that I needed. I highly recommend this clinic if you have a serious problem.

July 20th, 2015
I like the staff

February 11th, 2015
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR if you want to get a referral. I did not receive mine. Ever. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR to get reliable information about where to get shots -- they told me I could go to any clinic, and it ended up not being covered by my health insurance. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR or be seen within a reasonable amount of time. My AVERAGE WAIT was about 3 hours after the scheduled appointment time.

August 25th, 2014
Dismayed
I was charged $250.00 for a visited. I was promised that a referral would be mailed to me by the office help. Two weeks passed. No referral. I called the office and the answering service picks up. I left messages for two days and no one returned my call. finally I got thru to the office. I explained that I was to receive a referral by mail, and I did not receive it. It has been two weeks. The person on the phone said that I should have been given the referral before I left the office. I asked, then why was I told that the referral would be mailed to me. The person I was talking to became argumentative. She said that she would mail me the referral. This is week three and I still have not received the referral. I feel like I have been robbed, mistreated and ignored. If the doctor does not want to help me then tell me, and don't take my money and waste my time.

April 6th, 2014
Waited 2+ Hours and finally just left
Front office staff was great. I waited about 30-45 minutes past my scheduled appointment time in the waiting room before finally getting called in. Then they took a bunch of blood and urine, not sure why but it's a requirement for new patients. I was then placed in a room where I sat for another hour before I finally just walked out without even seeing the doctor. 2 hours past my scheduled appointment time and I still hadn't seen the doctor! I needed to get back to work since I had deadlines to meet and I don't get paid time off. I seriously don't recommend this place. At least they could have rescheduled me if the doctor had something come up. I would have been irritated but understanding. When I left I exited through the waiting room where I saw people that had been there before me still waiting.

February 5th, 2014
excellent clinician
I have known Dr. Pierson for many years and consider him to be among the most caring and dedicated doctors in the area. His wide clinical training and experience provides more than most physicians can offer.

November 23rd, 2013
I was not seen at my scheduled appointment time and had to wait. When I finally saw the doctor, I was unable to fully explain all my concerns because I felt rushed. I felt the doctor could have had a bit more patience and understanding. I would have preferred for the doctor to have ordered more blood tests.

October 28th, 2013
Best Doctor I've seen.
Dr. Pierson's office is one of the busiest yet best run clinics I have ever been in. His clinic is very comfortable and his staff courteous and attentive. He sees all types of medical problems and it seems that the people who complain are usually seeking drugs or have a mental illness.

July 11th, 2013
patient experience
Unfortunately, the doctor did not listen attentively to my concerns. Nor were my questions thoroughly addressed. It was as though, he was some place else. During the visit, I had the distinctive impression that the doctor had more pressing matters to attend to. As a result, I did not return for a follow up visit.

April 1st, 2011
his weight loss program and overall diagnostic accuracy is the best that I have ever see. I have been to Cedars Sinai and UCLA medical center and Dr. Pierson was far more effective for me in my condition.
Dr. Pierson and his staff helped me get through some very troubling times during my health crises. I feel better now than ever before in my life. He takes time to explain what is going on and why certain treaments work over others. I am very satisfied and recommend him highly.

November 2nd, 2010
Dr. Pierson is a wonderful doctor.
I was recommended by a friend to change from my current physician whom I was unhappy with and too far away for me. I went to Dr. Pierson's office where everyone was friendly and welcoming. Dr. Pierson is there 5 days a week and he is there on time. He is a calm spirited doctor. I felt at ease. It was a refreshing experience.

October 31st, 2010
UGH
a somewhat un-glorified Medicare and disability clinic/weight loss specialty practice in the back rooms of another medical group's offices. His office must be paid cash.