Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Excellent - my son will miss him when turning 18 show details Excellent - my son will miss him when turning 18
Jun 17th, 2011

My son has been a patient for nearly 10 years. As he 16, we've been through many developmental stages together. I like Dr. Placheril's approach - stay well, live healthy and take as little medicine as possible. The good part is, my son likes and trusts him. The doctor is straightforward, which my son appreciates.

Mar 5th, 2011

Incompetent & ignorant. Careful about fraudulent billing practices.

walk away!!!! show details walk away!!!!
Feb 8th, 2011

I have never met someone who is so insensitive in my life, it is ALL about money with him..born to be a pediatrician..i doubt it..you need to care a little about the children for you to become a GREAT doctor..i am requesting my records tomorrow and will never look back..

Extremely happy parent for over 10 years show details Extremely happy parent for over 10 years
by Bill & Sharri Cagle on Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr. Placheril has been our childrens pediatrician since birth. He has always been an incredible care giver, spending the time needed to make my children comfortable and to answer all of our questions.Being a pediatrician was what he was meant to be. He has always been very kind and caring, answering our phone calls at all hours of the night.The office staff is very friendly and proffessional and there has never been a long wait for any of our visits.Thanks Dr. Placheril !!!

Dr Placheril says, "I don't help sick kids. All of my patients are healthy" show details Dr Placheril says, "I don't help sick kids. All of my patients are healthy"
Mar 7th, 2009

My daughter was born prematurely and Dr. Placheril, against FL law, refused to admit her to the NICU as it would have required a transfer to another hospital (the hospital where I delivered does not have a NICU). Upon his reccomendation we took our few day old daughter to All Children's because he said, "I just don't know". When we went back to Dr. Placheril for our follow up visit he told us that "I don't help sick kids. All of my patients are healthy" so go to your friend doctors at All Children's! Bottom Line - if your child has any special needs, go to All Children's in St.Petersburgand no matter what, stay away from Dr. Placheril!