Dr. Joseph Pohl MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 18th, 2015
best obgyn out there!
I think he's one of the best obgyn out there. He was my doc when I was pregnant with my son. He always made me feel super comfortable. He always answered my questions and never rushed me. I'd definitely recommend him to all of my friends and family.

January 27th, 2014
awful experience, will not return.
We waited a little over 45 min for Joseph Pohl. I finally asked front desk if this is common, they basically explained it was. Patients in the waiting room expressed that they typically wait for much longer. Front office staff seemed very defensive about the wait issue. I think he schedules people in clusters so that he has more 'down' time, at the expense of his patients' time. Also, his internal ultrasound equipment appeared dirty! Last, overall environment of office was uncomfortable, that is unless you like TV's blaring down on you over the ultrasound table with lady gaga concurrently ringing through overhead speakers ("do what you want with my body..."), all while they try to talk with you and conduct medical procedures. Found the practice highly unprofessional. We're not risking our health with that set up.

November 18th, 2013
3 potentially preventable miscarriages under Dr. Pohl's care
My experience with Dr. Pohl was not a positive one for several reasons. I experienced three miscarriages under his care and although I insisted that there must be a clinical explanation for my losses, he repeatedly stated that nothing was wrong and that “miscarriages happen.” In hindsight, I was foolish to continue to believe him, but I trusted him. Further, after each loss I only received a cold and clinical phone call from his office staff with test results confirming the miscarriage. Dr. Pohl never exhibited any real sympathy or even personally consulted with me following the miscarriages. He would only say ‘try again.’ Recently I saw another doctor who immediately ordered a series of tests upon reviewing my medical history and I was diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder commonly associated with recurrent pregnancy loss. This disorder is treatable and if I had been given the appropriate medication during my pregnancies, I would have not lost three children. I hope this serves as a cautionary tale to others so that they don’t ever have to experience what I did.

March 18th, 2013
Dr. Pohl could not be a more wonderful doctor. My husband and I chose him after we suffered from a miscarriage. We took a pregnancy test a few months later and called his office the same day. We told them about our previous miscarriage and they wanted to get me in the office that same day to check on different levels. It turns out that I did have a medical issue, but it was one that was very easy to correct. After a few other issues during my pregnancy, my sweet baby boy arrived via c-section by Dr. Pohl. I trusted him entirely every step of the way. I have so much faith in his abilities and his kind heart. In addition, being a first time pregnant mommy-to-be, I was filled with questions and concerns. Not only did he answer every single one, his staff was absolutely wonderful. They never treated me like I asking a silly question. They always put me at ease and if they were concerned, they would have either the nurse or Dr. Pohl contact me about it that same day. I would recommend him to every person I know.

January 21st, 2013
The Best!
Each and every time me and my daughter visited the office of Dr. Pohl office we were treated with the best care everyone one was so nice and this office was always so clean he is such a good person he always took his time with us and was never in a rush to get us out of the way he made sure both of us were very happy before leaving his office I have nothing to say about the staff that work in this office as well thank you al very much.

September 13th, 2012
The Absolute Best!
Getting a regular annual appointment can be tricky as they schedule 9 months or so out. However, getting an OB appointment is GREAT! Never had any issues getting in for baby visits and I have a crazy, crazy schedule that changes often. Dr. Pohl is kind and caring as others have said and always seems to have a sunny disposition. He could be having a horrible day and you would never know it or even see it on his face. The only thing you know while he is there is that he seems to care about you and your situation and how to best serve you. He takes great notes to keep up with patients and what is going on in their lives (my Hubby was deployed at one point and he is always kind to ask when Hubby does not show up). He helped me through a diagnosis and surgery for endometriosis and even basic infertility treatment to get pregnant not once but twice. He listens to all my crazy questions or concerns and answers them truthfully and always seems to be extremely knowledgable in all his answers. He got my sweet girl here safely at 4:40am and didn't leave it to another on-call Dr. It is truly a blessing to see him from day one to delivery and even after and not be bounced around from Dr. to Dr. His staff is sweet and friendly, too!

December 8th, 2011
Mrs. Happy
I had three kids with Dr. Pohl he is amazing and very knowledgeable. His staff is also amazing Nancy was so gentle and sweet and kelly was super i love them all. I would recommend Dr. Pohl to anybody nobody beats him....God Bless you and your staff

October 25th, 2011
Don't Doubt Dr. Pohl
Dr. Pohl doesn't just deliver babies! I recently had an intense hysterectomy and Dr. Pohl was amazing during the entire process. I had to visit his office several times in massive pain due to what I now know now was internal issues that only surgery could correct. Dr. Pohl diagnosed what he thought was going on and spent 4 hours in surgery working to get my body back in good shape. Don't doubt his knowledge and ability because he secured my confidence above and beyond what I expected. Even though I have been a long time patient, I now have a new level of trust in him. Best OB/GYN in the state of GA in my opinion!

August 23rd, 2011
This Dr is very compassionate and takes time to know you as a pt.The staff is just as great.He has delivered my grand-children.

September 1st, 2010
Dr. Pohl is wonderful! He never rushes you & always has the time to answer your questions. He also has the time to answer any Daddy to be questions as well. I felt so safe that he was my doctor. He sent us a thank you for allowing him to deliver our baby! I thought I was going to cry. Can't wait for him to take this journey again with us!

August 31st, 2010
great caring doctor
my experience with dr. joseph pohl has and continues to be great. he has a very calming tone and is a very sweet caring doctor. i will continue to see him for all of my obgyn needs as long as he is available