A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Poitier:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Poitier is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Poitier
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Poitier Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Poitier, MD is board certified in Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Poitier graduated from University of Miami .
Dr. Poitier has 7 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore Medical Center
- Cedars Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Whitfield Poitier MD is a male Forensic Psychiatrist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Joseph W. Poitier practice?
- Dr. Joseph Poitier has 1 office location.
- Dr. Joseph Poitier practices Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry near North Miami, FL.