A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Polak:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Polak, M.P.H., MD is board certified in Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Nuclear Radiology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- False Aneurysm
- Interventional Radiology
- Muscle Pain (Intermittent Claudication)
- Pathologic Constriction
- Pulmonary Embolism
Education & Awards
Dr. Polak graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Polak has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Tufts Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Polak accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan