A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Purita:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Purita is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Purita, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Purita graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Purita has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Delray Medical Center
- Boca Raton Regional Hospital (on staff)
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Purita accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 10 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- AvMed Health Plans - 4 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph R. Purita practice?
Dr. Joseph Purita practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Pain Medicine, Surgery, Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery, and Pain Medicine near Boca Raton, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Boynton Beach, FL.
See Boca Raton Orthopedic Surgeons, Boca Raton Pain Management Doctors, Boca Raton Surgeons, Boca Raton Plastic Surgeons, and Boca Raton Neurologists.