Dr. Joseph Luna MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 14 reviews

July 11th, 2016
DR. LUNA MOVED IN EARLY 2016. YET STILL LISTED AT HEALTH TEXAS. THIS IS THE WORST STAFF EVER! I CALLED TODAY RE A SCRIPTRENEWAL, WAS PLACED ON HOLD THE 1ST TIME FOR 15 MINS. I CALLED BACK & PLACED ON HOLD AGAIN GOING ON 15+MIN.!! BIG REASON NOT TO GO THERE AGAIN!! I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS & SOON IS NOT QUICK ENOUGH!

April 30th, 2015
disappointed
A member of staff stated,"if you were able to drive yourself here you can go to work". Yet admitted to getting time off when she is sick. Dr did not give diagnosis. Presented w/fever, sore throat, bodyaches, slight chest pain,and earache

October 16th, 2012
Great doctor, horrible staff
Dr. Luna is very professional and caring. He doesn't waste time in figuring out the problem and havin the solution or giving great specialist referrals if needed. Most his staff is helpful but Gigi is the rudest and most unhelpful person there. I have never had a problem when I'm at an office visit but when I call and Gigi answers, she's very rude and makes it clear she doesn't care and that you're bothering her; very unprofessional. I will continue using him as my primary care physician because of the great care I get regardless the few unprofessional staff members.

September 10th, 2012
Writes you off if he doesn't like a family member
Luna should retire. He is obviously tired of performing his duties of a doctor. When my mom was hospitalized, BEFORE even looking at her records he told her she was depressed and would be moved to a long-term care facility. When I pushed him to do more tests and he found out she was very ill, he pushed her out of the hospital so he didn't have to do the paperwork and put in the time needed to treat her properly. She is so hurt by his lack of humanity and complete lack of care. Needless to say we already have an appointment with a new doctor and will be making a report to the Medical Board.

July 12th, 2012
Refuses to ask for another opinion
Was in the hospital for two days and had several tests that did not disclose a diagnosis. Instead of delving into what my problem could be or calling in consults, he wanted to admit me to a long term care facility! Shameless!!! BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE!

January 26th, 2012
Awesome doctor
I've been visiting Dr. Luna's office for about 3 years now and I continued even after I moved twice and it i not as close as before because he is an extreme caring and honest professional. He is a great listener and makes me feel comfortable to ask any questions no matter what the subject. I do not mind the waiting because I know that ohers patients enjoy and trust him as much as I do. The office staff is always attentive and helpful. I will drive whatever distance to see Dr. Luna.

July 1st, 2011
He is a great doctor; can usually squeeze in you if you really need it. The only complaint I have is the wait time. Sometimes it takes 1-1 1/2 hours before you see the doctor.

January 22nd, 2011
Great Doctor
Always there for me and my family.

September 1st, 2010
VERY NICE OFFICE AND NO "do not knock" SIGNS ON WINDOW
no sign on window and doctor and staff were very nice. They explained everything I had questions about including questions regarding my insurance benefits which can be hard to understand.

August 13th, 2010
Wait time and staff
The doctor was very professional. His staff took care of me promptly and were also very professional. I highly recommend him. He is very caring about my medical problems.

July 24th, 2010
easy to get an appointment, pleasant office environment, very nice and thoughtful doctor. Listens very well to your problems

May 18th, 2010
Are you a patient or just patient.
patient1. a person who is under Medical care or treatment.2. bearing provocation, annoyance, misfortune, delay, hardship, pain, etc., with fortitude and calm and without complaint, anger, or the like. To see Dr. Luna you need to be both. get ready for a LONG wait once you walk into the office. figure 30 minutes past your appointment time in the waiting room and another 45 or so in the exam room. I have actually walked out twice without ever seeing him. Once you see the Dr. the time he spends with you is either quality time and he ensures that you completely understand what is going on or he cannot wait to get you out of the office. He is always polite and professional, sometimes it seems he cares and other times he does not. Either way, he does not remember you or your medical history.I need to find a new Dr.....