Dr. Joseph Raviv MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Northbrook, IL

December 5th, 2016
I did not have a good experience with Raviv. I visited this doctor two years ago with complaints of chronic sinus congestion. He offered me endoscopic sinus surgery, without elaborating on any of the costs, complication, or the lengthy recovery. At the time, I was desperate for relief, and therefore accepted the procedure. However, the surgery only made my congestion worse, and every time I followed up after the procedure, Raviv did little to figure out the reason(s) as why things had become worse, rather than improving. In the months after the surgery, I visited Raviv's office multiple times, trying to figure why my congestion seemed to get worse after the procedure. But all Raviv did was spend about a minute or two looking at my sinuses with an endoscope, before concluding that he couldn't find any problems related to the surgery, and that my congestion must be related to allergies or something else. Obviously, this wasn't the case. That fact that my congestion only worsened after the surgery indicates that the surgery itself must have had a negative effect on my sinuses. I also mentioned to Raviv that I had been allergy tested before, and the results indicated I wasn't allergic to anything. But rather than fleshing out the reasons as to why the surgery had been ineffective, perhaps with a detailed cat scan and X-rays analysis of my inner sinuses, he briefly, and half-heartedly looked through an endoscope, that could only reveal inner regions of my nostrils. He then tried to attribute the problem to my "nonexistent allergies", perhaps to hide the fact that he might have botched the procedure, worsened my situation, and even been negligent in his responsibilities as a surgeon. Furthermore, for every single follow up session after the surgery, I was billed an additional $500, even though nothing was revealed about my situation. I still suffer from chronic sinus congestion, two years later, and my experience with Raviv only made things worse for me. I am currently working with other ENTs to address my chronic problem. Raviv is clearly more concerned about making money, rather than actually helping his patients. If you have chronic sinus issues like me, find a different ENT.

November 20th, 2016
I went to visit this doctor, two years ago, with complaints of chronic sinus congestion. He performed endoscopic sinus surgery, and since then my congestion has only worsened. I also followed up, multiple times after the surgery, to see why my congestion hadn't improved. Every time, the doctor took about 30 seconds to look into my nose with and instrument, and told me there was nothing wrong he could find from the surgery. Yet he also charged me $500, for every follow up session.

August 9th, 2016
Complete Care from Joseph Raviv, MD
Joseph Raviv, MD is a complete doctor! His association with NSUHS as Chair of the Department of Otolaryngoscopy is as a leader in the field. His care is complete when I visit him in the Northbrook Office. As a patient, he has given me comprehensive core. I thank you, Dr. Joseph Raviv.

July 12th, 2015
Absolutely Amazing Doctor
Dr. Raviv changed my life forever and I can't thank him enough. I had sinus surgery with him, and continued to suffer with a horrible cough and sinus issues. I was seeing an immunologist through north shore at the time and he gave me advice to leave my current immunologist and to get a second opinion with Dr. Schafer. I met with both doctors together several times we came up with a plan of treatment and I am doing so GREAT, no sinus issues or respiratory issues. Dr. Raviv has such a calm personality that you ALWAYS feel comfortable around him. His nurses always call or message you back within an hour. I can't thank this man enough for changing my life forever!

September 12th, 2013
Exceptional surgeon!
Dr. Raviv is an exceptional surgeon. Last year he reconstructed my sinuses and deviated septum because I had chronic sinusitis (complicated by an immune condition). My life has changed for the better! I am free of the constant sinus infections and even sleep better. The surgery took longer than expected on an already long day, but Dr. Raviv went the extra mile to make sure mine was done with the best possible outcome. I am amazed at the results and will always be grateful to him! I also really appreciate his follow-up care and that he's so willing to consult with my team of doctors in an ongoing way. He's also responded quickly by email through NorthShore Connect (online medical record system). Also, his staff is great -- really personable, kind, and efficient (both at Northbrook and Evanston). If you're looking for a surgeon who has the highest standards, Dr. Raviv is the one!

August 30th, 2013
Highly skilled, but bedside manner lacking
Dr Raviv seems excellent technically, but he can be rather brusque and does not come across as terribly caring. He also uses an expensive scope procedure at every visit, which other ENTs I have seen do not do, so does not seem too necessary.

November 24th, 2012
Very compassionate doctor. The best sinus surgeon in Illinois.

April 23rd, 2012
Knowledgeable Professional
Dr. Raviv is a true professional.

March 24th, 2011
Great Doctor!
The doc to go to if you have a nose:)) If you have nose problem then by far he is one of the best if not the best in Chicago area!!!

April 17th, 2009