inactive

Joseph Rodriguez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

October 8th, 2016
terrible doctor
Botched hernia surgery....have to go to Mass General because of complications

June 27th, 2016
rudeness
My first 2 visits were ok. My third appointment was the worst experience with a Doctor I ever had. I kept asking questions because he said only what he wanted too, not answering me & becoming angry. Then he walked out of the room not saying a word. I finally went to the desk and asked where he was.With a patient! I have never been treated poorly by a doctor until Dr. Rodriguez.

June 14th, 2016
Although I very carefully watched everything that went into my mouth, my glucose numbers were very high until I started seeing Dr. Rodriguez. After several medication adjustments, my numbers have been great and have stayed that way for years. Plus, no long wait time in the office. Schedules are adhered to but he manages to be completely thorough in his exam.

October 5th, 2015
Recomend
Excellent physician. Outstanding staff.

September 30th, 2015
Staff was friendly and courteous. Doctor took a long time to explain my condition and the reason he was going to refer me to endocrine surgeon.

October 17th, 2014
Horrendous Reception
I have never met such a miserable nasty receptionist before I went to this office. My first visit was horrible and so was my last. 1st visit. I arrive without a bloodwork report because I was never told to bring one. Reception tried to have me leave after I waited 4 months to get in. Last appointment: saw Dr. Rodriguez he said my bloodwork came back very underactive. I was shocked because I just got bloodwork done from primary care dr and it came back normal. I listened to Rodriguez and started a higher dose. 2 months go by I get more bloodwork. I call 3 days later for results reception says someone will call me by the end of the day. No call. I call back next day and reception tells me im going to be switching meds but doesn't tell me why. I call back to find out why and she says shes not the doctor she doesn't know. I ask to speak to doctor and she tells me I need to make an appointment. To talk to him? He didn't want me back for 6months. He told me to call in 3 months for results to see if he needs to switch meds. Well I got the news I had to switch but the receptionist refused to put him on the phone. She insisted I come in. After I got upset and called the office a joke she then told the dr what happened. Dr Rodriguez told her to tell me he will be faxing my new meds to my primary dr. Still without telling me why. So basically he was getting rid of me still while my thyroid was unstable. I told the reception I didn't go to that dr. Anymore and I need him to fax my meds to parmacy to pick it up. The receptionist told me "then you should've updated your information". So basically the dr switched my meds and then left me to fend for myself with no meds or any other doctors appointment for a disease which needs to be medicated daily. The worst Dr. And staff I have ever went to.

December 16th, 2013
RUN AWAY!!
The office staff are the rudest, most unprofessional dimwits I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with; they are very cold, uncaring and unhelpful. There is an utter lack of communication between the patient room and the front office and a total lack of follow through on the office's behalf. The doctor is too busy to have a handle on what is going on with his staff, never mind his patients. A friend of mine cautioned me to stay away from this practice and I regret not following her advice!

June 25th, 2013
I don't know what everyone is talking about...
I have been going to Dr. Rodriguez for a while now. He sees my father, mother, aunt, and he saw my grandparents until they passed. I agree that the office staff is sometimes a bit cold, but I notice that in almost all doctors offices, to be honest. The nurses are wonderful there, and Dr. Rodriguez always stays current with what's going on in his field. I agree that it takes a while to get in there for an appointment, and i do think that not answering the phones while the office is open is inconvenient, but there aren't a lot of people working there and there seems to be a lot of work that piles up, so I can understand the half hour difference, I suppose. Don't get me wrong, every place has it's ups and downs, but I don't pick a doctor who is going to hold my hand, I pick a doctor who is going to treat me well and who is staying current with the developments in their field. There's a reason it takes so long to get an appointment there, no?

November 30th, 2012
Unprofessional Behavior
It took 6 visits for someone to tell me they couldn't read my reading faxes. The doctor still proceeded to adjust my insulin even though he couldn't read my readings. They are such dinosaurs, no email, 7 day snail mail responses. With all of the technology out there for diabetes, this should not be that hard. His weapon of choice against diabetes, Victoza. Makes you sick all day long so you cant stand looking at food. I was just shown the door when I suggested he could have done a better job of communicating.

September 19th, 2012
Don't waste your time
Everytime I go to this office, I usually wait at least 30 minutes. They never have convenient times available and are always rude and a bit stuck up when you call. I would not recommend this dr. He doesnt take the time to talk to you, does not make you feel comfortable, and is actually ruide and makes you feel rude. I had another medical issue come up with me that didnt involve him but needed to let him know my medication changed and he made me feel so uncomfortable and kept repeating the condition like he couldn't believe this happened to people. he actually made me cry. DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

July 5th, 2011
Dr. Rodriguez and his office staff are the most unprofessional medical personnel I have ever come across. The office staff are rude, pompous and terse, and Dr. Rodriguez himself seems disinterested, uncaring, arrogant and foggy in his discussions of your medical condition. The practice of them not answering their phones until 9:30 am while scheduling appointments for 9:00 am is disturbing and then you are told he only has a 15 minute window. How absurd! Would not recommend to anyone, even if their pet needed an endocrinologist!

April 11th, 2011
Never again
I am sorry I ever got involved with this practice. If I had it to do over, I wouldnt have. I had RAI treatment and wonder if it was at all necessary. There is a person on the office staff who is one of the rudest people I have ever met. She should be ashamed of herself, especially being in the "medical" profession. If you are looking for a bit of understanding and compassion to go with your diagnosis, do NOT go here. I am going for a consult with another Dr. and not returning to this practice.