A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Cheng:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Cheng is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Cheng, MD, MS is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Brain Ischemia
- Cervical Herniated Discs
- Degenerative Spine
- Facial Nerve Pain Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Gamma Knife Surgery Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Neurotrauma & Critical Care Spine & Peripheral Nerves
- Spinal Deformity
- Spine Surgery
- Transient Ischemic Attack TIA
Education & Awards
Dr. Cheng graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Cheng has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Williamson Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Shun Cheng MD and MS is a male Neurosurgeon, has 16 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph S. Cheng practice?
- Dr. Joseph Cheng has 3 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Cheng practices Neurological Surgery near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Neurological Surgeons.