Dr. Joseph Kim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 3rd, 2016
Dr. Kim is a joke!
Today was my 2nd time at OrthoVirginia! First thing he said to me "I'm congested & don't feel good but not contagious. My fist thought.. Oh geez I'm not gonna get the help I need! I only went bc my mom, aunt & others talked him up soooo good. But that was 6+ years ago too! I should of known better! I made an appointment. Well the 1st open appointment was today. Well 3 weeks ago I came in as a walk in bc I couldn't take this excruciating pain no longer!!! They took X-rays & lady Dr. was like wow I know you're in severe pain. You got a curve in your spine! I said plz help me I can't take much more. She prescribed me a muscle relaxer & hydrocodone to hold me off until my appointment. For the next 3 weeks I felt happy, normal & could exercise & do things I haven't been able to years! Was friggin awwwessssommmme! Ok so today I have my very 1st appointment with Dr.Kim. Was awful!!! He said your not in much pain. You need to lose weight, exercise & doesn't help I'm top heavy! I'm in excruciating pain, I am NOT over weight & NOT top heavy! I said I could exercise & go to physical therapy if I wasn't in excruciating pain. Gave me a Rx for muscle relaxer & sent me on my way! He was in the room with me for only 3-5minutes. I'm gonna get my xray & go else where for the 3rd time! Dr's are a joke now a days!!!! I told him you're wrong I need a mri or something he said no!

August 16th, 2016
Outstanding Dr.

May 3rd, 2016
Dr. Joseph Kim is a Great Orthopedic Physician. He was referred to be by another Great Orthopedic Physician, Dr. Mark Hadfield. He cares about the wellbeing of the patient. My Family and I are grateful to have them both in our village.

April 12th, 2016
DR KIM IS THE BEST

February 10th, 2016
Highly Recommended
Had spinal fusion surgery. Dr Kim was excellent from the first appointment through the surgical follow up.

October 26th, 2015
Dr. Kim made sure I had tried all other options available before recommending surgery. His "bedside manner " is wonderful with great empathy for his patients. The wait for office visits was always reasonable and his staff was friendly and helpful.

September 27th, 2015
very satisfied with the service provided

January 6th, 2015
The Poster Child
My spine surgery in 2009 took ten hours, twice the "normal" time. The results meant five days of rehab, no physical therapy and I even walked out the hospital on my own a week later. I was impressed with Dr. Kim's skill as a surgeon, his compassion as a person and the honesty on my chances and what to expect.The hospital was St. Francis....a hospital that understands patient care. Thank You! I have been pain free now for over five years now,

June 19th, 2014
great doctor
the whole staff there was great and Dr. Kim fixed everything like he said

February 7th, 2013
Dr. Kim is a great Dr. and a great person
Obtaining my first appointment was difficult but after that my experience with Dr. Kim has been excellent. He has been patient with me explaining my options and waiting for me to go trough all of them before I agree to surgery. The surgery was a success and the post op was better than expected. He followed up (trough his office staff) with me and his PA and office staff were great, treating me as family and showing care and understanding as I when trough a difficult decision. They all has been very supportive and I recommend Dr. Kim and Orthovirginia to anyone who may need orthopaedic care.