Dr. Joseph Sage Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Sage?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Sage?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 18th, 2014

Dangerous

Not only is Sage incredibly disorganized, but he's dangerous. Sage severely discouraged us from supplementing our newborn after breastfeeding who was premature after my OB told us that it was medically necessary for caloric value (we knew she would be small during my pregnancy), then threatened to call CPS on us if we didn't get her on a specific type of insurance- even after he understood that she was already on the Oregon Health Plan. After we decided to cancel further appointments with him and immediately switched to a new pediatrician he ended up sicking CPS on us regardless out of spite for not being paid by the kind of insurance of his preference. He personally called and harassed us on the phone to get her on blue cross blue sheild, which I'm covered by til my birthday on my mother's plan but we are not capable of putting our daughter on, and shouldn't have to being that she already is insured through OHP. This man is a flighly disorganized bully who only cares about getting paid, not the physical and emotional well being of our infant. Our new pediatrician is wonderful and it's all been taken care of but watch out, this man does not care about YOU and is a straight up danger to families, he's ageist as well as being sexist and had the worst bedside manner I've ever come across. Since we've been supplementing she's right back on track and everything is fine but be careful.

February 13th, 2014

Over the 2 or 3 appointments I had with Dr Sage, he repeatedly pressured me to get back on allergy shots, even though I'd had a major (and terrifying) anaphylactic reaction from them and my allergist told me there was a good chance I could have another one if I continued. He also berated me for not losing weight quickly enough 8 weeks after giving birth, even though I'd already lost all the pregnancy weight and then some. I generally felt like he was more interested in my medical chart than me. I'll be looking for another doctor.

May 9th, 2016