Dr. Joseph Santoso MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecologic Oncology Southaven, MS

April 7th, 2017
Dr. Santoso is not just a wonderful gynecolgy/oncology doctor but he is a very good motivator for losing weight. Since i had my total hysterectomy Dr. Santoso inspired me to cutdown on soda, red meat and i have lost 11 pounds in 10 days. He removed my masses on my uterus and conducted a benign total hysterectomy w/o any problems. He is very attentive to your needs and i would send other patients to him without any qualms.

April 7th, 2017
Dr. Joseph Santoso has been my physician for almost 2 years. I had total hysterectomy, diagnosis of endometrial cancer, many office visits, chemo treatments (still taking treatments), but because of his phenomenal medical knowledge, his excellent bedside manner, his compassion (while still being truthful) and his great staff, I was given so much comfort and hope during this sometimes not so easy journey. I have been blessed in so many ways.

March 26th, 2017
Has a kind spirit. Gives the needed information so I could make an informed decision. Aggressive with treatment plan. Kindness, humor, and a sparkle in his eyes is his personality.

March 23rd, 2017
Best I have seen ,truly have a caring heart thank you dr santoso for making my experience one that was not bad

February 6th, 2017
Very Fortunate to have Dr. Santoso.
I feel fortunate to have Dr. Santoso for my physician. He is compassionate, straight-forward, humorous, and a brilliant doctor. I trust him totally. His staff is very caring and helpful when I have an appointment or if I call. I highly recommend Dr. Santoso.

February 2nd, 2017
Excellent surgeon and follow-care physician
Down to earth. Knows his craft. A pleasure to work with.

January 17th, 2017
Dr. Santoso and Staff helped save my life....
Dr. Santoso really cares, he listens and explains everything to you and doesn't rush you. His staff are very kind and caring, they help any way they can. I had Endometrial Cancer and had to have a total hysterectomy and he took very good care of me. When I found out I had cancer I didn't put off seeing him, that made all the difference in the world. I am now cancer free. If you are scared and aren't sure what to do Please see Dr. Santoso, he will ease your mind, he truly cares and will do all he can to help you. If you are having problems Please don't wait, the earlier you get it check out the better your chances will be.

December 1st, 2016
Wonderful doctor! I was extremely afraid of the "unknown" but he assured me that he would always be one step ahead of me and make sure I'm "o.k.". He's very personable and does not speak in 'doctor terms" that the average person, such as myself, cannot understand. He is honest, though, and will deliver the truth with warmth and gentleness.

November 14th, 2016
Dr. Santoso is wonderful! He's very knowledgeable, very kind, and explains everything well. He took excellent care of me. His staff is friendly, professional, and very efficient. I would definitely recommend him.

November 6th, 2016
Patient
Overall, he is an excellent doctor. He truly cares about his work, and takes the time to listen to your concerns. Don't be afraid to choose him just because he's a cancer doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you for all of your work, doctor.

October 21st, 2016
Patient
Dr. Joseph Santoso, his nursing staff, and residents at the West Clinic have provided superb care for me each of the 3 times that I have been under his care. Dr. Santoso has performed 3 surgeries on me over the past 12 years. Dr. Santoso has a wealth of knowledge in which he patiently discussed with me during each of my appointments and hospital stays (office visits, pre-op care and post-op care). He was very empathetic, kindhearted and compassionate about my well-being. In addition, he has very high expectations for his nursing staff and residents. I will highly recommend Dr. Santoso to all women who have malignant and/or benign gynecologic issues that may have the potential to become malignant. Dr. Joseph Santoso is simply the best!!!!

October 12th, 2016
Dr. Joseph SantOncology, Critical Care, Professor & Director, Gyocologic Div. Univ. of TN
My GYN for 34 years, followed up on my last pap smear, even though it was ok. He found and froze pre cancer cells in my cervix and sent me to Dr. Santoso for a total hystorectomy. I immediately liked Dr. Santoso and felt very comfortable with him and his staff. He was very polite and sensitive to my fears of pre-cancer actually be cancer. He explained what was happening in my body and the three different surgical procedures for a hystorectomy so that I could choose one. We set a date for the surgery. He made me feel very calm before I went to the operating room. After surgery he told my family and me that he didn't see any cancer but we would be certain when the lab tests were returned. I went home the same day to mend. To my relief, I didn't have cancer, but if I hadn't had my annual pap smear, my pre-cancer cells could/would have likely become cancer. I would recommend Dr. Santoso to everyone in the Memphis area. He is a great surgeon and well as a great person. He is also very funny and it's contagious when smiles and laughs.