Dr. Joseph Santoso MD Patient Reviews

February 6th, 2017
Very Fortunate to have Dr. Santoso.
I feel fortunate to have Dr. Santoso for my physician. He is compassionate, straight-forward, humorous, and a brilliant doctor. I trust him totally. His staff is very caring and helpful when I have an appointment or if I call. I highly recommend Dr. Santoso.

February 2nd, 2017
Excellent surgeon and follow-care physician
Down to earth. Knows his craft. A pleasure to work with.

January 17th, 2017
Dr. Santoso and Staff helped save my life....
Dr. Santoso really cares, he listens and explains everything to you and doesn't rush you. His staff are very kind and caring, they help any way they can. I had Endometrial Cancer and had to have a total hysterectomy and he took very good care of me. When I found out I had cancer I didn't put off seeing him, that made all the difference in the world. I am now cancer free. If you are scared and aren't sure what to do Please see Dr. Santoso, he will ease your mind, he truly cares and will do all he can to help you. If you are having problems Please don't wait, the earlier you get it check out the better your chances will be.

December 1st, 2016
Wonderful doctor! I was extremely afraid of the "unknown" but he assured me that he would always be one step ahead of me and make sure I'm "o.k.". He's very personable and does not speak in 'doctor terms" that the average person, such as myself, cannot understand. He is honest, though, and will deliver the truth with warmth and gentleness.

November 14th, 2016
Dr. Santoso is wonderful! He's very knowledgeable, very kind, and explains everything well. He took excellent care of me. His staff is friendly, professional, and very efficient. I would definitely recommend him.

November 6th, 2016
Patient
Overall, he is an excellent doctor. He truly cares about his work, and takes the time to listen to your concerns. Don't be afraid to choose him just because he's a cancer doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you for all of your work, doctor.

October 21st, 2016
Patient
Dr. Joseph Santoso, his nursing staff, and residents at the West Clinic have provided superb care for me each of the 3 times that I have been under his care. Dr. Santoso has performed 3 surgeries on me over the past 12 years. Dr. Santoso has a wealth of knowledge in which he patiently discussed with me during each of my appointments and hospital stays (office visits, pre-op care and post-op care). He was very empathetic, kindhearted and compassionate about my well-being. In addition, he has very high expectations for his nursing staff and residents. I will highly recommend Dr. Santoso to all women who have malignant and/or benign gynecologic issues that may have the potential to become malignant. Dr. Joseph Santoso is simply the best!!!!

October 12th, 2016
Dr. Joseph SantOncology, Critical Care, Professor & Director, Gyocologic Div. Univ. of TN
My GYN for 34 years, followed up on my last pap smear, even though it was ok. He found and froze pre cancer cells in my cervix and sent me to Dr. Santoso for a total hystorectomy. I immediately liked Dr. Santoso and felt very comfortable with him and his staff. He was very polite and sensitive to my fears of pre-cancer actually be cancer. He explained what was happening in my body and the three different surgical procedures for a hystorectomy so that I could choose one. We set a date for the surgery. He made me feel very calm before I went to the operating room. After surgery he told my family and me that he didn't see any cancer but we would be certain when the lab tests were returned. I went home the same day to mend. To my relief, I didn't have cancer, but if I hadn't had my annual pap smear, my pre-cancer cells could/would have likely become cancer. I would recommend Dr. Santoso to everyone in the Memphis area. He is a great surgeon and well as a great person. He is also very funny and it's contagious when smiles and laughs.

July 29th, 2016
My Best Friends Doctor
I went to an appointment with my Best Friend since I was 4 years old. She is like a sister to me and I love her dearly. Dr Santoso made the visit very comfortable and he broke the ice so good for all of us. He is such a very special doctor, and very caring. I feel like he knows his stuff and makes everyone feel so much better when he talks to you. I am glad he is her doctor.

June 28th, 2016
Dr. Santoso is an outstanding surgeon! He explained my diagnosis clearly, told me why he thought I needed surgery and carefully explained what the surgery involved. He and is staff went out of their way to expedite my care. His management of pain control post surgery was outstanding. Also, his nurse, Mary, is a great asset. He provided outstanding compassionate care at a time of great need. He diagnosed my rare cancer condition quickly. I am very appreciative of him.

May 3rd, 2016
Dr. Santoso and Nurse Mary are the two kindness, most caring professionals I ever deal with. They take care of my "emergencies" immediately with full exams and explanations. I am very confident in the care I have been receiving for five years.

April 22nd, 2016
Amazing physician!
Dr. Santoso was a definite God-send! A visit to my gynecologist for my annual check up and to check about a cyst on my vulva ended up with an appointment two days later at The West Clinic with Dr. Santoso. Upon exam, he knew it was cancer, but biopsied to be sure. The biopsy confirmed his original diagnosis, so surgery was set up. Dr. Santoso executed the surgery perfectly--and provided me with excellent care throughout the process. He ha me on a weight loss regimen...and to date, I've lost 25 lbs in 21 days. His concern for my overall health is something that's important to me! If you are experiencing a questionable health issue, take care of it now! Go to Dr. Santoso and let him get you on the road to excellent health! **My return visit after surgery was full of great news! He got all the cancer...and I'm on the mend!