Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

by Jeanie Borlaug Laube on Aug 17th, 2015

Fantastic. The best! The most caring doctors I have ever been treated by.

Aug 10th, 2015

I had been going to doctors for my problems since 2008 and was incorrectly diagnosed until 2014. I saw 4 different surgeons that told me they were not qualified to do the surgeries I needed. Dr. Schaffer and Dr. Olsen at UT Southwestern did back to back surgeries and gave me my life back. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Schaffer for his excellent care of me.

Feb 19th, 2015

Never had appt that did not start 25 min to 45 min late. Do not feel my issues are priority. The front desk sweetest disposition. The Dr very kind. The RN flippant crass personality

Misdiagnosed me show details Misdiagnosed me
by Rachel Regner on May 7th, 2014

It was not Dr. Schaffer's impeccable knowledge of of pelvic floor disorders - my problem is that he sent his nurse practitioner to address my pelvic pain, and NEVER examined me himself! His NP's diagnosis of a misaligned pelvis was ruled out by an MRI and the opinions of other doctors - I get his NP is a smart woman, but he should never have allowed her diagnosis to follow without his examination, for that I give my rating. I have heard of great stories of him, and am sure he is a wonderful doctor, but in my experience, I am very unimpressed!

Oct 28th, 2010

Dr. Schaffer is an excellent surgeon and was highly recommended. I drove an hour each way into downtown Dallas to see him, driving past dozens of other gynecologists. He listened to me and answered all my questions. I had a complicated surgery, lasting almost 6 hours, because I had a number of procedures done at the same time. I recovered beautifully, though. All the trouble of getting to him was worth it.

Mar 9th, 2010

The office staff is rude and careless all the time. Dr. Schaffer is a good doctor, but sometimes does not follow through with the correct medical procedures.