Dr. Joseph Schaffer MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Dallas, TX

February 15th, 2017
I traveled from San Antonio to see Dr. S after having 2 previous failed surgeries to correct damage done after childbirth. He was absolutely incredible, and was able to repair me with one surgery. Do yourself a favor and go see him!

February 15th, 2017
This man gave me my life back
If you are living with a fistula, this is your doctor. The end. He is a miracle worker. Very real disposition. No God complex, although he has every right to have one. Can't say enough good.

February 15th, 2017
Top notch skilled surgeon w wonderful bedside manner
Dr Schaffer was able to surgically repair a quite rare and embarrassing condition. He is caring. Even gave me his cell phone number to contact him after the procedure. I just love him and what he did for me. I know of a few other women with this condition, and he has repaired them as well. To us, he is like a miracle worker. He gave us our lives back, and for that, we will always be grateful. Im stunned at the other reviews. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

October 1st, 2015
One of the best!

August 17th, 2015
Fantastic. The best! The most caring doctors I have ever been treated by.

August 10th, 2015
I had been going to doctors for my problems since 2008 and was incorrectly diagnosed until 2014. I saw 4 different surgeons that told me they were not qualified to do the surgeries I needed. Dr. Schaffer and Dr. Olsen at UT Southwestern did back to back surgeries and gave me my life back. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Schaffer for his excellent care of me.

February 19th, 2015
Never had appt that did not start 25 min to 45 min late. Do not feel my issues are priority. The front desk sweetest disposition. The Dr very kind. The RN flippant crass personality

May 7th, 2014
Misdiagnosed me
It was not Dr. Schaffer's impeccable knowledge of of pelvic floor disorders - my problem is that he sent his nurse practitioner to address my pelvic pain, and NEVER examined me himself! His NP's diagnosis of a misaligned pelvis was ruled out by an MRI and the opinions of other doctors - I get his NP is a smart woman, but he should never have allowed her diagnosis to follow without his examination, for that I give my rating. I have heard of great stories of him, and am sure he is a wonderful doctor, but in my experience, I am very unimpressed!

October 28th, 2010
Dr. Schaffer is an excellent surgeon and was highly recommended. I drove an hour each way into downtown Dallas to see him, driving past dozens of other gynecologists. He listened to me and answered all my questions. I had a complicated surgery, lasting almost 6 hours, because I had a number of procedures done at the same time. I recovered beautifully, though. All the trouble of getting to him was worth it.

March 9th, 2010
The office staff is rude and careless all the time. Dr. Schaffer is a good doctor, but sometimes does not follow through with the correct medical procedures.