Dr. Joseph Serota MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1
  • 13 reviews

January 16th, 2016
Get a 2nd opinion
He is money hungry. He said I needed a lift with my augmentation. Not the case. After over 10K for the procedure, 2 surgeries my scar is a half inch wide, my left breast is smaller and sits to the side of my body. I also wanted bigger implants and he said because of the lift that it was not possible. I hate them more now then before. He told me, "I don't guarantee my work."

April 29th, 2015
this dr ruined my life!
I had a procedure done by this monster, he disfigured me for life, I was 10 times worse after the procedure, I am not a big girl, I had a little bit of a problem area, he said he could take care of it w/ liposuction, my husband and I were shocked at the results, I asked many times if he could fix what he had done, and let him know I had no more money to give him, after many times of asking, he agreed, I now have avery long crooked scar from my from my outside thigh to my inner thigh on both legs, now the problem is much worse along with 2 giant ugly scars, I will never the rest of my life be able to wear a swimsuit, I can only wear shorts if they're really long, he has ruined my life, I look in the mirror and cry and wonder why I ever chose this Dr. I am thinking about contacting that show about awful plastic surgery nightmares to see if they could fix me.

January 18th, 2015
Horrible!!!
I did my breast augmentation about 5 years ago and had to go back right after the first time. One breast was much larger than the other. The only good thing is that he did it again because it was very noticeable and I wouldn't leave with out this getting done again. Plus the manager at the time (Spanish lady) knew it was for the Dr best to do it. Now they look fine just not the size I wanted. (I wanted a bigger size) but he didn't do it! The worse part about this office and Dr. Is his STAFF!! The new manager is the rudest person on earth. I couldn't believe how she spoke to us. She thinks she's better than everyone else. Like you work for a Dr. Who has a bad reputation online and in the streets. If the same staff was there from the first time I had my boobs done, I think the DR. Would've been in a better place. Because back then the staff was amazing and knew what was best. Please do not get any work done here!!! RUN!

August 14th, 2014
Saggy and disfigured for life
What can I say. The results of my breast augmentation a little over two years ago, is not what I expected. Dr. Serota told me not to expect perfection though I did any way. When paying for augmentation I think expecting near perfection is reasonable (that's why we do it). My right breast is smaller and sags lower than my left. I would have expected this to be fixed but when I brought it up in the follow up, all he could say is he is very pleased with the results. No matter how I feel about them. I can wear shirts that are tight on my breast because with or without a bra, the size difference is obvious, even my kids pointed it out. I am sad and embarrassed. I can not afford another surgery to fix them seeing as how this was a once in a lifetime thing for me. I would be afraid to go under the knife again with Dr. Serota especially since my scars line the entire underneath of my breast. Not the small incision that was discussed during consultation. I will say that Dr. Serota had a nice personality. I think somewhere inside him is an honestly good person.

March 11th, 2014
RUN !!!
I'm not usually one for reviews but I feel as though I would be doing a disservice to not warn others of the red flags I received during my consultation!! Although Dr. Serota seems like a kind person I would never allow anyone in his office to preform work of any kind on my body.His diagnosis was the same as other surgeons I've consulted with but he loses stars for not respecting my wishes on size. I was told by him during my initial consult for breast augmentation ,that he may want to increase my implant size while in surgery if he feels it may look better.( last time I checked it's my body and my breasts!!! I have a very small build and am wanting between a size C and D) He obviously doesn't have my wishes or my best interest at heart. His office is run down and I spent majority of my consultation waiting alone in various rooms.His staff also attempted to photograph me on my first visit, ( that shouldn't happen until you have decided to employ the surgeon) I declined the pictures!! Ladies, please remember these Doctors work for you! If anything in you feels uncomfortable go to someone else. I found a different surgeon without any bad reviews in a high end office for the exact same cost , literally down to the penny !! Not only did I spend more time speaking to the Surgeon that I chose, I was never left waiting more than a couple of minutes!!I Sadly I don't doubt the horror stories I've read on this site. My heart goes out to anyone who has been botched.

June 8th, 2011
Bad results
Dr Derrida did nit tell me I may deformed after liposuction, he did try to fix it, and it is better, but i still have a major deformity, I wished I had never had the surgery, I spent a lot of $ to have to now keep my body covered and will never again be able to wear a swim suit.Also his esthetician is bad, to not go to that place for injections either.

March 2nd, 2011
Consultation
If I hadn't found a doctor who displayed better results (art work) then Dr. Serora, I would have gone with Dr. Serota. The doc I ened up using was quite a bit more expensive and has a state of the art facility...but since I expressed my desire to come to him, but liked Dr. Serota's pricing better, he matched the price and my surgery is now done! I think Dr. Serota was very professional, did a fantastc job educating me, and spent plenty of time with me. Got me excited about getting the surgery, but some of the images on his website weren't impressive, that scared me. While all results may not be impressive, it's just a bad idea to post them for those considering you chop, cut and rebuild them, lol

November 18th, 2010
Grade A+ Doctor
I had a fabulous overall experience with Dr. Serota and his staff. My breast reduction went just as I had hoped. The office staff is warm and welcoming, knowledgeable and efficient. Dr. Serota is pleasant, engaging, and thorough in his explanations. He will be honest if your goals are not obtainable. His skills are remarkable. In the late 90's Dr. Serota removed a large mole from the very tip e tip of my daughter's nose; today there is not a hint of a scar.I would highly recommend Dr. Serota

November 2nd, 2010
I had rhinoplasty to fix my broken nose. The minute i walked in the door I felt right at home. The staff was very friendly as was Dr Serota. I was very nervous to have the surgery because I have heard it can be painful but everything turned out great. he even gave me his cell number to call him if i had any additional questions. In addition to that, the day after my surgery, I received a phone call from the nurse who prepared me for surgery and she wanted to check up and make sure I was doing okay. That to me says excellent service. It has been 3 months and I am already so pleased with the way it turned out. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I had a great experience and have been telling everyone I know if they need a cosmetic surgeon to see him!

June 27th, 2010
bad results!
the surgery did not come out as expected!

January 6th, 2010
Very Pleased
Dr. Serota performed rhinoplasty on me approximately 6 months ago and I am very pleased with my results. We thoroughly discussed my options and what kind of expectations I had throughout the whole process. Dr. Serota and the whole staff at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center have been a pleasure to work with.

December 23rd, 2009
Bad Rhinoplasty
I went to Dr. Serota for a tummy tuck, liposuction, and rhinoplasty. The tummy tuck and lipo went ok, but the rhinoplasty was a complete failure. The tip of my nose pointed a little to the left and I had a small hump that needed to be smoothed out. I was very specific and Dr. Serota said he could fix my nose. Well, four surgery's later I still have a crooked tip, a crease in my nostril where cartilage is missing, and a new hump that didn't exist prior. After the fourth "try" he referred me to another doctor who said he could make a substantial improvement to my nose. It would cost around $5400. I paid Dr. Serota $6200 for Rhinoplasty. What a sham. Dr. Serota says there is nothing more he can do for me. So I would not recommend Dr. Serota for rhinoplasty. My expectations were not high and I was not expecting perfection, but WOW! What a disappointment. Beware!