A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is deceased.
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Shapiro is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Failure (Uremia)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St. Vincent Mercy Children's Hospital
- St Anne Mercy Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Paramount Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- CareSource - 2 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans