Dr. Joseph Shehan MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Omaha, NE

• Good
  • Bad

October 10th, 2015
I came in for a physical before surgery and the guy never even got out his stethoscope. He tried to sell me on some special insurance and when I declined he got up and left the room and never came back. His nurse was a nicer guy than the doctor. I received a huge bill for my visit which I have tried to dispute but all of this stuff was in my record that never happened but he says that it did. The only thing in my record that was true was my name.

July 18th, 2015
Dr. Shehan took care of my husband back in the late 90's until 2006, when he passed away from a heart attack. my husband was a diabetic and had worked many years with physicians as an administratior, so he knew what he wanted to look for in a doctor. Dr. Shehan won him over completely and my husband and I trusted him implicitly....my husband knew many doctors and he always said the only dr. he would refer to family and friends would be Dr. Shehan (he had always been wary of referring doctors, because so many people are different and look for different things in a doctor.) He would never hesitate for a second if someone asked him who they should go to. Very outgoing, and a wonderful bedside manner in this day and age when you go to a hospital and have hospitalist taking care of you. He was always on top of things, and my husband went faithfully every month to see him...he had that much confidence in him and did everything Dr. Shehan told him to (which my husband was not known for following rules when it came to doctors) : ) I have referred many friends and family to him.

January 30th, 2015
Good Doctor - Staff Needs To Be Nicer
I think Dr. Shehan exhibits respect and knowledge. He is also concerned about your general well-being. I have full confidence in him. The staff at the front desk always seem either too busy and/or abrupt. The female who draws blood was extremely rushed and jabs the needle in without warning. It was the most painful draw I've ever had. The male has a much better technique; which I feel is really important. They do seem to be thorough at documenting your information and suggesting wellness ideas for you.

September 9th, 2014
I like Dr Shehan but his office staff is just down right rude. So will never go back to his office because of his staff.

September 6th, 2012
If you are looking for the best doctor, Dr. Joe Shehan is it. He's kind, caring, thoughful & he actually listens. I just adore him & how he took care of my husband. His staff is also excellent. I highly recomend this doctor.

May 31st, 2017