A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Sherrill:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Sherrill is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sherrill
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sherrill Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Sherrill, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Disorders
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Tennis Elbow
Education & Awards
Dr. Sherrill graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Sherrill has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- Uab Highlands
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Madden Sherrill MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 37 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Joseph M. Sherrill practice?
- Dr. Joseph Sherrill has 1 office location.
- Dr. Joseph Sherrill practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Vestavia, AL.