A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Shin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Shin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Shin, MD is board certified in Plastic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Body Weight
- Breast Cancer
- Bronchial Diseases
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Foreign-Body Migration
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Interventional Radiography
- Intestinal Obstruction (Duodenal Obstruction)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Pathologic Constriction
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Stomach Cancer
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shin graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Shin has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Baystate Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Health New England - 8 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph H. Shin practice?
Dr. Joseph Shin practices Plastic Surgery, Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery near Scarsdale, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Springfield, MA and Bronx, NY.
See Scarsdale Plastic Surgeons, Scarsdale Surgeons, and Scarsdale Pediatric Surgeons.