A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Shin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Shin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shin
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shin Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Facial Wrinkles and Lines
Wound Care and Non-Healing Wounds
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Shin, MD is board certified in Plastic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Body Weight
- Breast Cancer
- Bronchial Diseases
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Foreign-Body Migration
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Interventional Radiography
- Intestinal Obstruction (Duodenal Obstruction)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Pathologic Constriction
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Stomach Cancer
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shin graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Shin has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Baystate Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph H Shin MD is a male Plastic Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Plastic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph H. Shin practice?
- Dr. Joseph Shin has 7 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Shin practices Plastic Surgery near Scarsdale, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY and Yonkers, NY.
See Scarsdale Surgeons.