A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Shovlin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Shovlin, Board-Certified Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shovlin
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Shovlin Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Shovlin, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Laser Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shovlin graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Shovlin has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Medical Center At Princeton
- Ocean Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph P Shovlin MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph P. Shovlin practice?
- Dr. Joseph Shovlin has 3 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Shovlin practices Ophthalmology near Monroe Township, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Princeton, NJ and Mercerville, NJ.
See Monroe Township Ophthalmologists.