A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Shovlin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Shovlin, Board-Certified Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shovlin
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Shovlin Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Shovlin, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Laser Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shovlin graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Shovlin has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Medical Center At Princeton
- Ocean Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph P Shovlin MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph P. Shovlin practice?
- Dr. Joseph Shovlin has 3 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Shovlin practices Ophthalmology near Monroe Township, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Princeton, NJ and Mercerville, NJ.
See Monroe Township Ophthalmologists.