A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Shrager:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Shrager is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Shrager, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Animal Muscular Dystrophy
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Mediastinal Cyst
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Thymus Cancer
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
- Thymus Tumor (Thymoma)
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Shrager graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shrager has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Chestnut Hill Hospital
- University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shrager accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 11 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph B. Shrager practice?
Dr. Joseph Shrager practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Stanford, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Palo Alto, CA.
See Stanford Cardiothoracic Surgeons.