Dr. Joseph Spiegel MD Patient Reviews

June 27th, 2017
great
great office

Reassuring Visit
I was a patient of Dr. Lowrey's for years. After his retirement, I had no ENT physician. Both my famuly doctor and my lyricist, Holly Phares, recommended Dr. Spiegel. I have seen him only this once, but he seems competent, and I am happy he saw me.

great
happy to be her

Thorough and Efficient
Experience felt knowledgeable and professional. Dr. Spiegel reviewed case with my referring physician prior to the meeting and came in prepared, knowing the correct test to perform in order to assess the severity of the swallowing problem. Reviewed the options and answered questions concerning them. There was nothing that I had found in my own research that he was not aware of. Top notch.

June 6th, 2017
pleasant and easy
he is caring , friendly and warm

May 18th, 2017
Fantasic doctor !!!
If I wouldnt have had him as a doctor , i would not be alive right now

May 17th, 2017
Stay Away from this Doctor and his Nurse
When you complain about the symptoms you are having, Spiegel does not want to hear about them. If he sees a problem, then he will try and address it - but he will not listen to you He says one thing and does another. Seems nice but in fact I think doesn't care the slightest about you or anything but scheduling as many procedures as he can to earn a big salary. I think a real disgrace to the medical profession. He actually was laughing at me at my last visit because I was asking questions, questions to him that were ridiculous, but they are VERY REAL to me and not ridiculous! He can't answer why there is a red mark in my bump in my neck where he put a shot of botox in my muscle. It will not go away and I feel like there is always something stuck in my throat and that things gurgle up and I have a growl in my throat - feels like something is being compressed - and he said I know but he couldn't explain it. My throat and neck hurt and he cannot explain it. He says go to pain management. I asked about another part of the throat that an ENT should know about the hyoid bone, which another doctor said was prominent on me, and he didn't even want to hear about it. Also my crico-cartilage, he didn't even want to hear about it. At least send me for some X-rays to look at the hyoid bone and the crico-cartilage - he will not. FIND ANOTHER doctor - I went to Spiegel way too long for him to do nothing and create me more pain and cause me more stress and A LOT of MONEY! and time!! Also, mostly all the nurses are nice there but Spiegel's nurse (Vicky) is very curt and no expression with you - she's like him - she doesn't like questions asked. A DISGRACE TO THE MEDICAL FIELD!! YOU SHOULD GET OUT OF YOUR PROFESSION! No compassion - they keep you 2 hours waiting and then they say you can reschedule or wait - those are the only 2 options I can give you. I have never been to such a non-sympathetic office. I should have went to Dr. Boon. I had my choice and I chose Spiegel - bad mistake. He didn't make me better at all - all he did was make me worse with my throat, neck problem, bump on my neck and swallowing and he doesn't care - if the manometry test says normal but you are still having problems, there is definitely something wrong here and he is then finished with you. He doesn't care. I said my neurologist said it may even be my thyroid or hyoid and you know what he said, well go to your neurologist then - how nasty - just to push me off like that! My husband told me to stop going to him a while ago (plus he hates to return phone calls) but I thought I would give him a chance, big mistake, because he did nothing but make me worse - to me he is not an Otolaryngologist/ENT Doctor - he is someone, I will say it again, that it is a DISGRACE to be even called a doctor! He rushed me off at my last visit and I still wanted to speak with him - because he was 2 hours late! DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN! I am finding out that there are others out there that are much more compassionate and try to help you.

May 8th, 2017
good
all was well

May 4th, 2017
excellent
very good experience

He is a great doctor
He answers all of our questions and he has been really good

April 18th, 2017
Issue not entirely resolved but keeping an eye on it
Good but I still have a cough. I mentioned post nasal drip and he told me to use saline sprays. We will keep an eye on cough.

April 18th, 2017
great doctor with good bedside manner
he diagnosed a long-standing issue and got me in the road to resolution