A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Stavas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Stavas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Stavas, MD is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology, Pediatric Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Cancer Chemoembolization (Therapeutic Chemoembolization)
- Dialysis Access Surgery
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Varicose Veins
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Stavas graduated from Creighton University, Omaha. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Stavas has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- St Mary's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Michael Stavas MD is a male Diagnostic Radiologist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Diagnostic Radiology, Pediatric Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph M. Stavas practice?
- Dr. Joseph Stavas has 4 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Stavas practices Diagnostic Radiology, Pediatric Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology near Chapel Hill, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Lincoln, NE.
See Chapel Hill Radiologists and Chapel Hill Pediatric Specialists.