Dr. Joseph Stokes Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Geriatric Medicine Barberton, OH

September 22nd, 2015
he's the best
Has is the best Dr to go to he have bed side manners. he listens he takes care of you it's not like a doctor that would just walk away Hes a good Dr I would tell everyone to come to him , thank you for everything

March 4th, 2013
Retired educator
I drive 20 miles one way to see my Dr. He is awesome! So is his partner! For a family Dr. I won't go to anyone else!

January 12th, 2010
Great doctor -- but only so-so office staff
Dr. Stokes and the nursing staff are wonderful at Norton Family Practice. They are always very caring and take their time so you don't feel rushed. That said ... the office staff, however, leave A LOT to be desired. In fact, I would say that I dread any time I have to call the office for any sort of follow-up beyond just scheduling an appointment. My biggest complaint is that if you call and leave a message, they don't take good notes, so the follow-up is often lacking. Something that should take a day to resolve ends up taking 2 - 3 days, between returning calls, voice mail, etc. It boils down to the fact they don't LISTEN closely when you speak to them -- a Customer Service 101 class would go a long way.I have complained in writing several years ago after having witnessed two separate and highly inappropriate discussions about a patient's personal business by the staff at the front window. With all the HIPPA laws, I was shocked and disturbed to hear how the staff talk about patients after they hang up the phone. If they do it to others, I can guess they do it to me.Overall ... Doc Stokes gets an A ... Staff gets a C-.

July 1st, 2009
the BEST of the BEST
Dr. Stokes is the ONLY Dr. I really trust.He is kind, sweet, listens to the patient,doesn't think he is BETTER than you are.I drive 20 mi. to see him. Soooo worth it. His staff is also very very professional yet kind. After going to him, I will not go anywhere else.

May 7th, 2009
I miss this Dr!
I was a patient of Dr.Stokes for nearly 20 years and there is a reason for that. He is a great Dr, he is caring, understanding and he doesn't treat you like a number. He is a very intelligent man and handles medical issues with professionalism with big dash of charm to make you feel comfortable. He spends the time with you you need to explain things or answer questions without making you feel rushed. I miss this Dr very much! His staff is pretty good too.