Dr. Joseph Stutz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 3rd, 2016
Amazing results/Amazing doctor!
I was battling a stubborn skin condition that several dermatologists tried to treat. After two years of unsuccessful treatments and considerable expense , I decided to try another doctor. Dr. Stutz solved my skin problem after the first attempt! He is an excellent dermatologist! His staff is very friendly and professional, as well. Thanks to all of you!

August 31st, 2015
So greedy for money!
I got a small surgery from Dr. Stutz, and on the following up visit, I asked one question that not related to my surgery, I mean, it was like small talk, and I got charged for that question, they counted it as an office visit!!!! So be care of what you talk about, you may get charged twice if you ask two different question.

August 31st, 2015
Appalling!
Very arrogant and unsettling. Misdiagnosed me many times and caused me a lot of suffering. Nonapologetic. Will never go to him again!

July 14th, 2013
A first - A doctor who doesn't want business
I have had spider veins for many years, and they have been progressively getting worse. I am so conscientious of them, that I have not worn shorts or skirts for years. I asked Dr. Stutz to perform the sclerotherapy procedure on them. He refused. I was crushed to the point of tears. It is summer, the temperature is in the 80's, and I only wear jeans or long pants. Why? Perhaps he does not know how to do the procedure?

July 17th, 2011
Dr. Stutz caught a serious problem that other dermatologists missed. I'm very impressed with both him and his staff. They are very professional, friendly, and make you feel like you're the only patient they have. If I have a problem that needs attention they have always gotten me a same-day appointment. I am extremely impressed with Dr. Stutz and would never consider changing dermatologists.

February 9th, 2011
Long Time Patient
I have very stubborn cystic acne on my face for over 20 years. I have had two rounds of Accutane, tried every procedure available and treated with numerous, highly regarded dermatologists in Metro-Detroit. Dr. Stutz has been the best of them all. Though I still have it, I am addressing possible causes such as food sensitivities (dairy?). Dr. Stutz has been the most successful by far with keeping the cystic activity dormant and helping my skin look its best in years. He's brilliant with Restylane. The injections into the residual scars has done wonders. He is open to discussing various causes and approaches, and even welcomes patient self-education. Too many doctors have ego-issues and take offense at that. His bedside manner is excellent and he has always spent an appropriate amount of time. I've never felt rushed or short-changed.His staff is exceptional. Friendly, courteous and helpful. They are by far my favorite of any doctor I've seen. I was in a very bad car accident when young, so I've seen a lot of doctors!Last, from the very beginning his office took the time to see what services were covered by my insurance. The other doctors always wanted me to personally pay and then deal with my insurance company myself. Any services not covered by my insurance were very reasonably priced and for payment plans offered without asking. I'm grateful to have him as my doctor and refer him to others whenever I have the chance.

May 8th, 2017