Internists

1466 N Hermitage Rd
Hermitage, PA 16148
724-962-3633
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Doesn't follow ILADS  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2014

I had already been diagnosed with Lyme, so he wasnt part of Accurate Diagnoses' part of my treatment. Even with the positive lyme testing results, he made me wait over 2 months for an appointment even though I would routinely call in often for cancellations. At the appointment, Dr. Joseph wouldn't even consider co-infections. He refused to acknowledge co-infections and wouldn't test for them. I do have Bartonella & Babesia, as well as both pneumonias, which I had to now wait to get in with another doctor to get these tests, information, and treatment. I lost a lot of time to get proper treatment due to Dr. Joseph's old & outdated treatment practices. He wrote a script for 4,000 mg of penicillin daily. I took 2,000 to start and had a lot of trouble breathing. I called his office that week and the nurse wouldn't help me. I asked her to please have the doctor call me, but I never even got a return call. I did not get proper care nor treatment from this doctor. If you have lyme, you will need to drive much further away to get proper care. The other lyme doctor in the same town is behind the times in his treatment as well.

|  Saved my life  |  show details
by S. Rankin on Aug 4th, 2013

Treated me 10 years ago. I had Lyme and it had become chronic. I got better and moved to Vegas simply because he flew here as well at the time. He stopped Traveling here and unfortunetly I have had a recurrence and cannot get treated with symtoms similar to ALS progressing and remitting at times, I really wish I could have access to that Dr. Here again. He is the reason I am still around and unfortunetly lack of access to him or someone of his caliber her in Vegas may be what ends me.

|  great if all you want is antibiotics  |  show details
by Informed friend on Jul 22nd, 2013

My friend has had Lymes disease for years and has been being treate by him. His office is wonderful, but Dr. Joseph has his own ideas on what are the facts and won't take a lot of new knowledge seriously. He gives out lot of antibiotics but does not believe in co-infections and other symptoms. Plus, he does not treat the whole person. We visited another dr. in the area who did a lot more bloodwork and prescribed nutrition therapy, hormone balancing, etc. This dr. does not take insurance, however, so she didn't follow up. But this other dr. has Lymes disease and knows what it's like.

|  Best doctor ever.  |  show details
by Sylvia O on Mar 25th, 2013

Doctor Joseph listens and will work with you. He is on time and requires that his patients be on time as well. You come to respect and appreciate that when you are given the same courtesy. I drive six hours each way to see him. After 12 years of decline with Lyme disease---through treatment he gave me my life back. I'm now on the incline, still improving each year, and am deeply grateful to Dr Joe for my life and wellbeing.

|  A doctor who LISTENS before treatment  |  show details
by Bill Westerman on Aug 29th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Joseph for treating my Lyme Disease. I drive almost six hours each way to see him from my home in Indiana. I have not seen him in a few years but plan to go back due to what appears to be a recent reinfection. I originally went to Dr. Joseph after being successfully treated by Dr. John Bleiweiss, who tragically took his own life after a protracted battle with the the N.J. Medical Licensing Board over his aggressive and remarkably successful treatment of Lyme sufferers. Dr. Joseph continued the therapy I was on and pretty much let me determine the success of the drug regimen I was on previously. Most importantly, he is a doctor who LISTENS and RESPECTS the views of his patients and works WITH them. I am no longer seeing Dr. Joseph but will probably be seeing him soon because of what appears to be a reinfection of Lyme. I have total trust in this man and would (and have) recommended him to others. I have a friend from here in Indiana who is currently seeing him and is immensely pleased.

|  show details
by maryann on Sep 23rd, 2009

this doctor is very good, he takes the time with you and doesnt seem to have a problem diagonosing lyme disease. he has been a life saver. he takes the time to explain to you about the different tests that he is doing and what they are for. the office gals can be a little more professional then they are.

|  i have Lymes  |  show details
by Dawn Sweeney on May 13th, 2009

he has helped me so i can have some kinda life now when no one else would listen to me he did !